Contribute
Register

High Sierra native support for 10Gb ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I have been trying to get an Aquantia AQN-107 card to work in my hackintosh. I've tried in both 10.13.6 and a fresh install of 10.14, but every time I install the card, I get a black screen after the first apple loading logo on boot. Any ideas what might be going on?

I am on 10.13.6 and having trouble getting my ASUS Aquantia card to flash. I have the appropriate kext edit installed in clover config. How can I get this to work?

Interestingly, it seems as if the card is working unflashed (it doesn't have the -AFW designation) on my hack, but it will not work on my LEGIT mac laptop in an enclosure.

Would love some advice?

Flashed this to x399 onboard AQC107, link speed only 0x3B9ACA00. Going back to Apple Firmware.
I flashed in windows and got the card to WORK, but I have not been able to flash to apple firmware. How do you do that if you don't have 10.13.3? I have 10.13.6 and flashed the newest firmware in windows. Thanks.

I update my Aquantia Gaming black card to 3.1.9.0 using a Windows box. It's working on two of my rigs, though it does disconnect every now and then so I'm still trying to iron that out. But is it even necessary to try and run it on 10.13.3 to have the OS flash it? Are there benefits? That said, you can't even install 10.13.3 anymore because even if you have the 10.13.3 installer the cert is expired.

I update my Aquantia Gaming black card to 3.1.9.0 using a Windows box. It's working on two of my rigs, though it does disconnect every now and then so I'm still trying to iron that out. But is it even necessary to try and run it on 10.13.3 to have the OS flash it? Are there benefits? That said, you can't even install 10.13.3 anymore because even if you have the 10.13.3 installer the cert is expired.

It has to have an AQC-107 chip. If it does, it should work natively or with the patch (listed in previous posts on this thread). If it's any other Aquantia chipset, the chances are large that it will never work on macOS, programming or not. There are only a few Aquantia cards that will work on macOS, but many do not, nor will they ever.

The Aquantia Gaming black card, if it has an AQC-107 chip, should work natively, meaning 10.13.3 should not be needed. But you can try it without a patch and with it to see what works.

This is the patch:

Kext to patch
com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion

Find
6275696C 742D696E

Replace
62626262 62626262

I plan to update my hack with a Sapphire Pulse RX580 and Mojave.
I have now a 100% working ASUS XG C100C with firmware updated by 10.13.3 installer and only this patch in Clover ->
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Aquantia patch</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>D4TAAwAA</data>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>kJCQkJCQ</data>
</dict>

10GB card is recognized by the system as is and working 100%
Do I need another patch or kext with Mojave ?
Thanks.
Capture d’écran 2020-01-05 à 14.44.44.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back