Contribute
Register

High Sierra native support for 10Gb ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to inform that the 10G onboard of the GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS XTREME, is working with Mojave 10.14.5

My onboard intel 1Gbe NIC showed connection in network preferences (even though there was no cable) when I connected 10Gbe NIC.
I then disabled onboard 1Gbe NIC and removed the kext but that did no help.
I also removed SSDT which Shilohh made for onboard devices but that did not help either.
I would have to modify that SSDT but I don't know how...

Did you set the ip addresses manually from both computers for the direct connection?

So, has anyone experimented with OpenCore? I have tried to move the Asus XG-C100C patch from Clover to OC and no success yet.....

I tried putting it in Kernel -> Patch (see below), but it did not work. Should the identifier be IONetworking?

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AQC 107 10 GbE v2</string>
<key>Identifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion</string>
<key>Count</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>YnVpbHQtaW4=</data>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<key>Skip</key>
<integer>0</integer>
</dict>

So, has anyone experimented with OpenCore? I have tried to move the Asus XG-C100C patch from Clover to OC and no success yet.....

I tried putting it in Kernel -> Patch (see below), but it did not work. Should the identifier be IONetworking?

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AQC 107 10 GbE v2</string>
<key>Identifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion</string>
<key>Count</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<key>Skip</key>
<integer>0</integer>
</dict>

I didn't try with the card that needed the Meize patch, but my Syba card, which doesn't need the patch, worked fine with OpenCore.

I didn't try with the card that needed the Meize patch, but my Syba card, which doesn't need the patch, worked fine with OpenCore.
Yea, my Syba card (in the X299 system) works as well.....but this Asus card is in my Z370 system and I was just trying to get it going in OC.....I may just re-flash the Asus card and sell it on e-Bay and go buy another Syba card....BUT, if I can get the patch working again in OC, well, maybe not.....

as always, thanks for your reply.....

EDIT: I did post on the "other" site, and referenced it to Mieze. We'll see if she has any kind of solution.....if I find one, I'll post it here..

Yea, my Syba card (in the X299 system) works as well.....but this Asus card is in my Z370 system and I was just trying to get it going in OC.....I may just re-flash the Asus card and sell it on e-Bay and go buy another Syba card....BUT, if I can get the patch working again in OC, well, maybe not.....

as always, thanks for your reply.....

EDIT: I did post on the "other" site, and referenced it to Mieze. We'll see if she has any kind of solution.....if I find one, I'll post it here..

Unfortunately, I had to switch from my Z370G motherboard to my Z390 motherboard because I could not get sleep to work with my Radeon VII installed in the Z370G...

While OpenCore worked fine on my Z370G, I have not had any success booting macOS with OpenCore on my Z390 yet so I can't test the 10GBase-T card that requires the patch right now...

I can confirm Aquantia AQtion 10G Gaming NIC (AQN-107) works natively. I had originally purchased the AQN/AQC-100 (SFP+ port instead of RJ-45) but that card wasn't detected and I'm not smart enough to hack any kexts to get it working. My 10Gbe switch has SFP+ ports so I just bought a 10GBase-T transceiver to plug the cat7 cable into.

Are you actually getting 10Gbps throughput though? I bought the same cards https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C5VLVFF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and while mine are detected and they work, I can't get more than about 1.5Gbps through them. Can you post your System Report and some iperf tests?
IMAGE 2019-09-02 15:50:50.jpg

In case anyone is wondering, the OWC Thunderbolt 3 10G Ethernet Adaptor is working on my hack.

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 10.33.19 PM.png

Why did I use a Thunderbolt adaptor instead of my old 10GBase-T PCI-e card?
Because my crazy motherboard wouldn't even post with my old Syba card installed.

Why did I choose the OWC over other brands/models?
It was the cheapest one I found when I was searching. Got it for $130 + tax. So it was a bit more than what an average AQC-107 based PCI-e card costs.

How does it perform?
Identical to my old Syba PCI-e card as far as I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back