Contribute
Register

High Sierra native support for 10Gb ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone tested tehuti cards? I bought 2 tehuti card (tn4010) and tested with 2 hackintosh.

Install with homepage driver and file sharing works fine.. But transfer speed dropped to half of full speed.

(At first it shows 1000MB/s from SSD RAID 0 to SSD RAID 0. After a few seconds, it shows 400~500MB/s)

In windows 10, same result. Maybe problem of tehuti chipset?

Oh, I used cat6a cable.
Have you checked SSD or NAS RAID level bottlenecks?

Any SATA3 based SSD will max out at 550 MBps. You will also need Core i5 based NAS with 6-8 7200 RPM drives running on RAID 5-6 to max out 10 Gbe Bandwidth.

Initial high speed might be some SSD or RAM cache. Find that out.

You need NVMe to NVMe test to evaluate your 10 Gbe performance if you want to test it cheaply.

Last edited:
Hey, anyone know how I can get 10.13.3 installed on a new x299 as rock professional gaming i9 board so I can get the Aquantia 10g flashed ? I have a extra SSD installed, and it even had 10.13.3 installed but since this computer is under the iMac pro smbios I am having difficulty getting 10.13.3 installed on the extra SSD so I can get the Nic flashed. any suggestions ?

@auzer1 here's an EFI folder for this motherboard and HighSierra ;-)

Attachments

• X299 Fatal1ty Gaming9 281118.zip
    24.1 MB · Views: 112
@auzer1 here's an EFI folder for this motherboard and HighSierra ;-)

thanks Oli. I have the computer working in 10.13.6 following KGP's guide. But the problem now is that since it has a imacpro smbios i cant boot up with the copy of 10.13.3 that i had so i could flash the NIC. i guess either i try and get a differnt smbios working (your efi is also a imac pro) or i try and find a copy of 10.13.3 for imac pro.....any other ideas anyone ?

I understand, I was facing the same situation a while ago..... I think I have a bootable iMac Pro 10.13.3. But I have to find some time to make it available to you. may be next week, no guarantee !!

Thanks!! Will try tonight

New official firmware for Aquantia Cards. It will not magically make your cards compatible with macOS.

Tested on
1. AQC-107 (Asus XG-C100C)
2. AQN-107 (From Aquantia themselves. Arrow retailer)
3. AQC-107S (Syba 10 GBE)

All cards updated perfectly. Only AQC-107S from Syba works under macOS.
Windows is needed for Firmware update.

Last edited:
Hey Pastry did you ever get 10gig networking on your hackintosh?
[you probably dont remember me but your high sierra 8700k guide was the basis for choosing all the parts for my build and its been working really well for 1.5 years now so thanks again]

My hackintosh is my main workstation for running ableton & I use an upgraded mac pro 1,1 as a local fileshare server.
since the mac pro has 2x gigabit, I figured I should upgrade the hackintosh to 10gig first but also wanted to ask:

- do you have a 10gig pcie card that you would recommend for a 1,1 mac pro as well?

- if both ends + the router/switch are upgraded to 10gig, would that be fast enough to edit footage or load massive 6GB sampler patches over the network? [any youtube videos to suggest in that department?]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back