Contribute
Register

High Sierra native support for 10Gb ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.
So updated to Mojave 10.14.4 and my Aquantia 107 stopped working.

Anyone know what this error means?
"Waiting for remote debugger connection" it just holds on that error message and won't boot into macOS.

When I physically take the card out it boots fine into macOS.

The Aquantia kext patch does not help.

This card worked fine in 10.14.3 OOB with no patches.
It works fine in Windows as well.

View attachment 395119

I never tried that card, but my Syba AQC107 card is working fine on 10.14.4.

I never tried that card, but my Syba AQC107 card is working fine on 10.14.4.

It seems that 10.14.4 update tried to update the firmware on the card.

I reflashed again but still get that error. Returning this card and ordered a Sonnet Solo which uses the AQC107S chipset. Hopefully no more issues.

10.14.4 update is the rockiest update I’ve had for a long time.

At the moment it is pointless to use any of the 10.13.3 flashed Aquantia cards in any future macOS versions.

@pastrychef I spoke with Aquantia Engineer and he confirmed that AQC-107s (With "s" suffix) is necessary for the card to work in macOS OOTB. You might see the "s" if you remove the heatsink on your Syba card.

Syba's website is dodgy as F. They don't even mention macOS compatibility. It was Aquantia engineer who pointed out that card saying it used 107s chipset. Rest was my gamble.

Last edited:
So found out that Syba was not the issue. Windows update messed up with LAN's MAC address and it was showing some generic address instead of Syba's actual one. Hence WOL was not working.
After clean install of Windows 10, WOL started to work again.

For everyone wondering why a random Aquantia card will not work in macOS:

macOS needs this specific chipset AQC-107s. The "s" is important. If your card is AQC-107, it will not work.
Currently Syba 10G, Aquantia 10G Gaming (black one) and Sonnet 10G solo are the only 3 cards confirmed to be compatible with macOS out of the box.

Are there any issues with sleep/wake when using these cards?

Are there any issues with sleep/wake when using these cards?
In macOS, I had no issues with Sleep/wake. But WOL does not work on macOS.

This is what happens on every reboot in to macOS for me:
View attachment 309915

When getting there I noticed that the digits on the left side (4th line in the red box) must be the Firmware Version ON the card and the digits on the right side the Firmware provided by Apple, because verbose log states "no update required" (next-to-last line in red box), so I pulled an older FW from station-drivers (1.5.88 I think and the "diag" files from the newer folder - 3.1.56 - which was also the preflashed FW in my case) flashed a working 10Gbe one (Caution: you can just do this in Windows and I don't want to be held responsible for any broken cards, because my flash procedure wasn't exactly "smooth". At any rate it's always advisable to first BACKUP the old FW and Config, "diag" WILL report "success" or "fail") and after second time booting into High Sierra 10.3.3, FW on left and right were the same. Card was initially not recognised in Windows and I thought "what the hell?" and installed newest drivers anyway and all of a sudden it popped up in Device-Manager (though I ended up installing the Apple drivers over it). Now I'm running 10.4.4 and FW is reported 2.11.whatdoIknow. Both Windows and Mac recognise the card (without patches) BUT I didn't test it (don't have the right cable and even better: no use for it currently, just wanted it working). If someone doesn't fear bricking his card, feedback would be nice to see.

EDIT: The "diag" Software is for flashing and the reasons I pulled the Software of the newer FW is that I wanted to make sure, that I don't have to reboot on every flashing attempt and the "diag" of the "older" FW was somehow "automated" and the newer Software-Kit had a documentation on how to use.

EDIT2: I actually would love to see some senior members trying this, because I'm not exactly good at instructions, when it comes to support. This Forum gave me quite much and I just wanted to share something I "succeeded" in (can we call it that, without even testing? :lol:), because, lets be honest, that's what this is all about.

Last edited:
Here's an Update: I hauled my Computer and my Cinema Display over to the other end of the world (flat) and plugged it into my FritzBox using a Cat5e cable (after reading some posts here again, I just couldn't help, but get curious) and it worked!
Again: I still lack the hardware to do proper speed tests! Board is Z390 Aorus xtreme and firmware reported by Apple verbose log is 2.11.3. Anyone wanting to try is welcome, but remember: I started with 10.13.3! and manually downgraded the FW first. NO PATCHES APPLIED SO FAR

Thanks again @pastrychef. I have just received the card and I get the following screen upon OSX loading. Clover/BIOS and apple loading bar all usual but as soon as it boots to OSX i get this screen, upon removing the card OSX functions as usual. What do you think?:

View attachment 386529

I'm having literally the exact same issue. I've been trying to figure it out for a couple days now but no progress. Any suggestions would be awesome!

Card: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G2DV9K2/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
Asrock X299M, i7-7820X, MSI RX Vega 64

EDIT: I finally figured it out... I needed to disable CSM in the bios and it resolved the issue of login screen garbled / glitched graphics when installing the Syba AQC107 card.

Last edited:
Just another quick update; 10.14.5 seems to have updated FW to 2.11.8. Device is still detected under system information and can still connect to the Internet. Still no patches needed for it to work so far.

Anyone tested tehuti cards? I bought 2 tehuti card (tn4010) and tested with 2 hackintosh.

Install with homepage driver and file sharing works fine.. But transfer speed dropped to half of full speed.

(At first it shows 1000MB/s from SSD RAID 0 to SSD RAID 0. After a few seconds, it shows 400~500MB/s)

In windows 10, same result. Maybe problem of tehuti chipset?

Oh, I used cat6a cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back