Contribute
Register

High Sierra native support for 10Gb ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.

The SMB disconnect is a known issue with macOS.

You should make an AppleScript that “retries” a reconnect every 60 seconds or something. I remember I used to do that.

Btw my synology is seen like an XServe so it seems like I don’t need to reconnect. But in general SMB has always been “iffy” under macOS.

Reconnecting to my NAS is not a problem for me. I purchased an app called AutoMounter from the App Store that does it for me. Best few bucks I ever spent. Lol

I usually don't even use SMB. I've stuck with AFP through all these years and never had any issues.

My Synology clone is also seen as an Xserve.

Reconnecting to my NAS is not a problem for me. I purchased an app called AutoMounter from the App Store that does it for me. Best few bucks I ever spent. Lol

I usually don't even use SMB. I've stuck with AFP through all these years and never had any issues.

My Synology clone is also seen as an Xserve.

Have you noticed any slowdowns with the 10GbE nic? That is slow downs over time...I noticed this and I tried to manually set the network settings and increased jumbo frames.

Have you noticed any slowdowns with the 10GbE nic? That is slow downs over time...I noticed this and I tried to manually set the network settings and increased jumbo frames.

I can't say that I have... Last week, I was moving around 500GB of data to my NAS and the bottleneck was definitely the source drive which is an old 3.5" spinner.

Reads have always been extremely fast.

My NAS consists of an 8 drive array running SHR2. Most of the drives are very slow drives but the array still performs very well.

I can't say that I have... Last week, I was moving around 500GB of data to my NAS and the bottleneck was definitely the source drive which is an old 3.5" spinner.

Reads have always been extremely fast.

My NAS consists of an 8 drive array running SHR2. Most of the drives are very slow drives but the array still performs very well.

Ah interesting. Glad you’re not having issues.

I know that SHR2 is slower than EXT4, but not sure of the exact percentage.

I have the DS1618+ with 6 drives running a RAID 5 in EXT4 and previously was only on gigabit but now I saturate the RAID over 10GbE. Pretty incredible I must say.

Ah interesting. Glad you’re not having issues.

I know that SHR2 is slower than EXT4, but not sure of the exact percentage.

I have the DS1618+ with 6 drives running a RAID 5 in EXT4 and previously was only on gigabit but now I saturate the RAID over 10GbE. Pretty incredible I must say.

On my array of 8 drives in SHR2 and using some very slow Seagate SMR drives, I get approx 300MB/s writes and 800MB/s reads. Eventually, I will transition to better drives as I increase capacity but these speeds are fine for me right now.

I'm also on EXT4 since I put together the array before Synology started using BTRFS.

Has anyone had issues like system beach-balling after waking the display on a Aquantia AQC-107 card? Not a full sleep?
Hey do you know how to dump firmware of Aquantia cards using Diag?

I just received my Syba card and, yes, it's completely plug-n-play. No flashing, no KextsToPatch needed. :headbang:

Can you make dump from ioreg and system profile with installed syba card? Thanks.

Can you make dump from ioreg and system profile with installed syba card? Thanks.

I'm not at my hack right now. I can post later. What is it that you want to see?

I'm not at my hack right now. I can post later. What is it that you want to see?
I want to see Syba's device, vendor, subsys ids, has it built-in property or it is recognised as external card and compare with my flashed asus xg-c100c

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-09 at 09.51.09.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-09 at 09.51.09.png
    506.4 KB · Views: 139
  • Screenshot 2019-03-09 at 09.51.31.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-09 at 09.51.31.png
    536 KB · Views: 132
I want to see Syba's device, vendor, subsys ids, has it built-in property or it is recognised as external card and compare with my flashed asus xg-c100c

Yes, there are differences. Even model is identified differently. Yes, my card is seen as built-in.

Yours is seen as Apple AQC107-AFW.
Mine is seen as Aquantia AQC107-B0.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 6.21.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 6.21.24 AM.png
    199.2 KB · Views: 152
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 6.23.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 6.23.23 AM.png
    194.3 KB · Views: 115
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back