Contribute
Register

High Sierra native support for 10Gb ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again @pastrychef. I have just received the card and I get the following screen upon OSX loading. Clover/BIOS and apple loading bar all usual but as soon as it boots to OSX i get this screen, upon removing the card OSX functions as usual. What do you think?:

View attachment 386529

I have no idea. Please post your EFI folder. Also, what do you have installed in /Library/Extensions/? Which version of macOS are you running? Which slot do you have it plugged in?

Last edited:
I have no idea. Please post your EFI folder. Also, what do you have installed in /Library/Extensions/? Which version of macOS are you running? Which slot do you have it plugged in?
Hi pastrychef,

Config.plist attached. Latest version of Mojave 10.14.3. SO i have a dual GPU setup. 2 x MSi VEGA Airboost. So i have just discovered if I plug my HDMI into the second GPU I can see whats going on which is a work aorund but there is clearly something going on with my GPU in PCI slot 1 as can be seen from the screenshot below and MSI's GPUTach. If i use 1 x GPU only the same thing happens.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-02-11 at 13.57.22.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-11 at 13.57.22.png
    506.4 KB · Views: 114
  • EFI.zip
    16.9 MB · Views: 145
Hi pastrychef,

Config.plist attached. Latest version of Mojave 10.14.3. SO i have a dual GPU setup. 2 x MSi VEGA Airboost. So i have just discovered if I plug my HDMI into the second GPU I can see whats going on which is a work aorund but there is clearly something going on with my GPU in PCI slot 1 as can be seen from the screenshot below and MSI's GPUTach. If i use 1 x GPU only the same thing happens.
View attachment 386569View attachment 386573

Nothing glaring stands out that could cause the problem you showed... What's even more strange is that it happens even with just one video card.

It's possible that you may have just gotten a bad card...

It's interesting to see that you are using AptioMemoryFix. Is native NVRAM working for you?

Nothing glaring stands out that could cause the problem you showed... What's even more strange is that it happens even with just one video card.

It's possible that you may have just gotten a bad card...

It's interesting to see that you are using AptioMemoryFix. Is native NVRAM working for you?
Many thanks. Tbh this is @blouse EFI folder. Happy to check for you if you tell me how to clarify.

Regarding the SYBA card it's all working! I found a work around and seemed it was a graphics issue. If I plug into the HDMI of the other graphics card it avoids the error and I think the GPUtach was just an issue on startup as that issue no longer persists.

Many thanks. Tbh this is @blouse EFI folder. Happy to check for you if you tell me how to clarify.

Regarding the SYBA card it's all working! I found a work around and seemed it was a graphics issue. If I plug into the HDMI of the other graphics card it avoids the error and I think the GPUtach was just an issue on startup as that issue no longer persists.

You can try the test here:

Has anyone had issues like system beach-balling after waking the display on a Aquantia AQC-107 card? Not a full sleep?

PCie Slot 1 - Vega Frontier
PCIe Slot 3 - Aquantia AQC-107
PCIe Slot 4 - Broadcom WIFI/BT

Sleep on macOS is a lost cause. So is WOL. I have had absolutely zero issues with hangs or beachballs with Syba in my system and that is for 3 months.
It might be something to do with your config file in clover.

Has anyone had issues like system beach-balling after waking the display on a Aquantia AQC-107 card? Not a full sleep?

PCie Slot 1 - Vega Frontier
PCIe Slot 3 - Aquantia AQC-107
PCIe Slot 4 - Broadcom WIFI/BT

No beach balls here. I just have to reconnect to my NAS every time I wake from sleep.

I have not tried WoL with the AQC-107. WoL works fine with the motherboard ethernet.

PCI-e Slot 1 - Vega 56
PCI-e Slot 3 - Syba AQC-107
PCI-e Slot 4 - Syba USB 3.1 gen 2 type C
M.2 - BCM94360CS2

No beach balls here. I just have to reconnect to my NAS every time I wake from sleep.

I have not tried WoL with the AQC-107. WoL works fine with the motherboard ethernet.

View attachment 390708

PCI-e Slot 1 - Vega 56
PCI-e Slot 3 - Syba AQC-107
PCI-e Slot 4 - Syba USB 3.1 gen 2 type C
M.2 - BCM94360CS2

Interesting.

The SMB disconnect is a known issue with macOS.

You should make an AppleScript that “retries” a reconnect every 60 seconds or something. I remember I used to do that.

Btw my synology is seen like an XServe so it seems like I don’t need to reconnect. But in general SMB has always been “iffy” under macOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back