Contribute
Register

High Sierra native support for 10Gb ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.
@izo1 and @jaraheel -

So, if you have read some of the previous posts, you might have noticed that without the fluke re-programming of the Aquantia cards that is caused by the upgrade from 10.13.2 to 10.13.3 of macOS, no one that has been able to get the Aquantia to work natively in macOS. There's also a patch that's required once that process has occurred, that is also required for the card to work on any version of macOS beyond 10.13.3. That patch is listed in this thread.

But, just to be sure, I'll open the discussion to anyone else: has anyone else been able to get an Aquantia to work on macOS without this 10.13.2 to 10.13.3 upgrade process? I haven't heard of anyone, but if anyone else knows of how to do this, please post.

I have posted many times that there are alternatives to the raw Aquantia card/chip, just in case either of you might be interested in other options. Just check some of my previous posts in this thread.

I think that just booting in to macOS 10.13.3 is enough. I remember seeing the flashing process when booting from verbose mode every time I rebooted.

I've never read of anyone having success or even trying with an AQC111C.

I think that just booting in to macOS 10.13.3 is enough. I remember seeing the flashing process when booting from verbose mode every time I rebooted.

I've never read of anyone having success or even trying with an AQC111C.

Just to be very clear: without the "re-programming" that occurs with either upgrading 10.13.2 or just booting with 10.13.3, an Aquantia card/chip will never work in macOS....I have never heard of any time an "unprogrammed" Aquantia has worked, and it sounds like you have never heard of it either.

I took a gamble and purchased Syba 10 gbe card from Amazon. It is based on Aquantia AQC-107s chipset.

As expected
1. It works flawlessly in Mojave 10.14.1 (Plug and play) No need to install 10.13.3 or any kext patch.
2. It supports Wake on LAN in Windows as well as in macOS.
3. Accepts latest Aquantia drivers downloaded from Aquantia’s website.

Grand success. Cost me $99

Link here

I took a gamble and purchased Syba 10 gbe card from Amazon. It is based on Aquantia AQC-107s chipset.

As expected
1. It works flawlessly in Mojave 10.14.1 (Plug and play) No need to install 10.13.3 or any kext patch.
2. It supports Wake on LAN in Windows as well as in macOS.
3. Accepts latest Aquantia drivers downloaded from Aquantia’s website.

Grand success. Cost me $99

Link here

So, when you say it accepts the latest drivers, you mean the latest Windows and Linux drivers, right? No Mac drivers there, is that right?

I hope it lasts - the card I had that worked natively in macOS didn't last.....so keep in touch!

So, when you say it accepts the latest drivers, you mean the latest Windows and Linux drivers, right? No Mac drivers there, is that right?

I hope it lasts - the card I had that worked natively in macOS didn't last.....so keep in touch!
Of course! There are no macOS drivers on Aquantia website. I saw your post regarding Sonnet card and in that case, Sonnet effed up.

Syba sounds such a Chinese name and this company came out of nowhere. If you check the amazon link, at the middle of the product page, it mentions macOS support. But when you receive the actual product, the box has no mention of macOS.

Of course! There are no macOS drivers on Aquantia website. I saw your post regarding Sonnet card and in that case, Sonnet effed up.

Syba sounds such a Chinese name and this company came out of nowhere. If you check the amazon link, at the middle of the product page, it mentions macOS support. But when you receive the actual product, the box has no mention of macOS.

I don't know where Syba is based, but they've been around for quite a while. I've used some of their USB 3, USB 3.1 gen 2, and SATA cards in the past. I think I may have even had an IDE card made by them a long, long time ago. Never had any issues with them.

Another user has posted success story on different forum. Suffice to say that we have found the holy grail of 10gbe networking without doing any modifications.

Another user has posted success story on different forum. Suffice to say that we have found the holy grail of 10gbe networking without doing any modifications.

I have one on the way too. Will report back after I have tested it.

I just received my Syba card and, yes, it's completely plug-n-play. No flashing, no KextsToPatch needed. :headbang:

Thanks for informing us about this card!

So, I also purchased a Syba, and so far it's working as expected. Hopefully, it will stay that way. I did need to install drivers in Windows.....no biggee as Syba provides them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back