Not open for further replies.
10 G LAN working on the 10.13.5.

Install the 10G lan card.
Load the windows 10 x64
Installed the drivers.
Restarted the system.
Checked it was working correctly.

Shut down the system.
Remove all other HDD cables (except the Mac HD)
I installed the fresh copy of 10.3.5.
Run the multibeast with the the UEFI boot mode.
Restarted
Installed the nVidia web drivers.
Restarted.
And once everything was set.
I added the patch mentioned in the post 118 in the config.plist file.
Restarted and it worked perfectly.
After this I updated my mac to 10.3.6.
And patch is still working.

So in short I was not able to installed the 10.3.3 and then patch the card, As I didn't find the old version. So i tried with the latest one and it worked.

I'm using Gigabyte AQC 107 10G Lan
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GC-AQC107#kf

I also have Gigabyte Alpine Ridge TB3 rev.2 card. As after installation of TB3 card I was getting the memory error at colver boot.
That's why I added the boot flag slide=0
And using the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi instead of the OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
to fix the memory error.

here is the patch which I used from this thread.

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AQC 107 10 GbE</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
D4TAAwAA
</data>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
kJCQkJCQ
</data>
</dict>
</array>

Edit: Forget to mention that Alpine Ridge TB3 is still not working, Although I can boot without any issue, But I'm still unable to connect to my TB3 NAS using TB3 (The NAS and TB3 working perfectly in the windows)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 10.37.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 10.37.49 AM.png
    131 KB · Views: 126
  • Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 10.38.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 10.38.45 AM.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Hi all. A big, no make that a huge thank you to @mm2margaret, Mieze at the 'other' forum, and others for getting this ASUS XG-C100C working. :thumbup:

Bigest trouble I had was finding and installing HS 10.13.3, but got there in the end!

Card firmware was installed on the first reboot after installing 10.13.3 and card is identified as a AQC107-AFW and now I'm running it in HS 10.13.6 (17G65) using the earlier patch, but I have also put the later patch in my config.plist (disabled) for when 10.14.x comes out.

I don't have a second card at the moment to test 10Gbit (will shortly), but it appears to be fine connecting to my QNAS TS-543Be and my modem router at 1Gbit.

Before the firmware update, I also tried this same card in my QNAP TS-543Be NAS's PCIe port. QNAP found the card and I was able to transfer at 1Gbit no problems. The NAS is running Linux kernel 4.2.8.

Throughput seems to be the same as both my on-board Intel I219V2 & Killer E2500 on my Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 Mobo. I have them all including WiFi enabled, with no apparent side effects.

With the NAS, the only thing I have to do when I get the card is to modify the bracket slightly to suit the QNAP style of bracket, a 10 minute job out in the workshop.

I got the ASUS XG-C100C for AU$135 which is around US$100. I will be initially using a crossover cable to my NAS, as I'm not in a position to buy a 10G switch ATM, and I really only need a fast link between my Mobo and NAS, does anyone see an issue with just using a crossover cable?

This card will have saved me hundreds of dollars compared to other ready made solutions, so thanks once again!:clap:

Hey thanks for the info @P1LGRIM, I'll give it a go... hopefully my ASUS cards support this feature. I'll report back when I have tested it. Thanks.

10 G LAN working on the 10.13.5.

Install the 10G lan card.
Load the windows 10 x64
Installed the drivers.
Restarted the system.
Checked it was working correctly.

Shut down the system.
Remove all other HDD cables (except the Mac HD)
I installed the fresh copy of 10.3.5.
Run the multibeast with the the UEFI boot mode.
Restarted
Installed the nVidia web drivers.
Restarted.
And once everything was set.
I added the patch mentioned in the post 118 in the config.plist file.
Restarted and it worked perfectly.
After this I updated my mac to 10.3.6.
And patch is still working.

So in short I was not able to installed the 10.3.3 and then patch the card, As I didn't find the old version. So i tried with the latest one and it worked.

I'm using Gigabyte AQC 107 10G Lan
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GC-AQC107#kf

I also have Gigabyte Alpine Ridge TB3 rev.2 card. As after installation of TB3 card I was getting the memory error at colver boot.
That's why I added the boot flag slide=0
And using the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi instead of the OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
to fix the memory error.

here is the patch which I used from this thread.

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AQC 107 10 GbE</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
D4TAAwAA
</data>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
kJCQkJCQ
</data>
</dict>
</array>

Edit: Forget to mention that Alpine Ridge TB3 is still not working, Although I can boot without any issue, But I'm still unable to connect to my TB3 NAS using TB3 (The NAS and TB3 working perfectly in the windows)

Just a couple of quick thoughts regarding the TB3 card:
1. I have that card and I have 4G decoding enabled and it helps, at least in my case
2. I use AptioMemoryFix and I have had no issues. Something to consider....
3. Make sure you install the latest drivers (only on the Windows side, if you have Windows 10 or can get it and boot from it), and then install the latest firmware (in that order, per Gigabyte...).

And, finally, remember, you only 16 PCIe lanes to the CPU, meaning if you add the 10GbE card, the TB3 card and an advanced Graphics card, they are probably going to divvy up the lanes like 8,4,4.....more details can be found here: https://www.techpowerup.com/235883/...tform-detailed-24-pcie-lanes-from-the-chipset

Last edited:
Ok, so I'm having ASUS ROG AREION 10G
I've installed 10.13.3 to flash this card, restarted more than 20 times and nothing.
I mean I see this card in system report but it constantly says that it isn't connected to cable, but it actually is. I spend whole day to make 10.13.3 work and nothing :( Did I forget about something?

Ok, so I'm having ASUS ROG AREION 10G
I've installed 10.13.3 to flash this card, restarted more than 20 times and nothing.
I mean I see this card in system report but it constantly says that it isn't connected to cable, but it actually is. I spend whole day to make 10.13.3 work and nothing :( Did I forget about something?

I think you might have the wrong card; you need this card: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072N84DG6/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I don't know the chip inside that card, but it's likely, based on what you've said, that it's not an Aquantia. If that's true, the only way for it to work in macOS is for the manufacturer to provide a kext file you can load. It would good to know what the chip is inside the card.

You know, I don't know where you live, but there's now a Sonnet card that might work for you, and it's only $100, and Sonnet claims native macOS support as long as you use 10.13.4 or later......there are now a lot of options for you in terms of 10GbE cards and they are detailed in this thread.....

I think you might have the wrong card; you need this card: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072N84DG6/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I don't know the chip inside that card, but it's likely, based on what you've said, that it's not an Aquantia. If that's true, the only way for it to work in macOS is for the manufacturer to provide a kext file you can load. It would good to know what the chip is inside the card.

You know, I don't know where you live, but there's now a Sonnet card that might work for you, and it's only $100, and Sonnet claims native macOS support as long as you use 10.13.4 or later......there are now a lot of options for you in terms of 10GbE cards and they are detailed in this thread.....
This is the same card as Asus XQ-C100 some of you are using and it for sure has the Aquantia AQtion chip.
When system is booting it even shows that this chip Chas the 1.5...(something) software and the newest is 2.9(something). As shown on attached pictures. It tries to flash it but every time I see same thing. And when system is loaded this card is visible but shows that cable us unattached

Attachments

• BC2C2ED9-A6E7-4AE1-A85F-2D78F940E906.jpeg
    BC2C2ED9-A6E7-4AE1-A85F-2D78F940E906.jpeg
    953.3 KB · Views: 142
  • FA6267AA-BCDB-4032-88C6-8130284F08C1.jpeg
    FA6267AA-BCDB-4032-88C6-8130284F08C1.jpeg
    917.9 KB · Views: 136
This is the same card as Asus XQ-C100 some of you are using and it for sure has the Aquantia AQtion chip.
When system is booting it even shows that this chip Chas the 1.5...(something) software and the newest is 2.9(something). As shown on attached pictures. It tries to flash it but every time I see same thing. And when system is loaded this card is visible but shows that cable us unattached

Well, it's possible Asus did something to it (the bios on the card) then. Obviously, it's not the same card that others are using. What changed, I don't know. I would be tempted to return it and try another card.....you should check your ethernet cable and the switch it's plugged into, make sure those are good. Another test would be to boot to Windows (if you can) and test it there.

Beyond that, I don't know what's going on.....I know some folks who tried to flash their cards by booting into 10.13.3 had to boot a lot of times to get it to work.....

A last ditch effort: you could try adding the patch using Clover Configurator, boot with it, check, if working, great, if not, in Clover Configurator, disable it, check again.

But maybe the best option if you are running 10.13.4 or later (or you can): Return it and buy the Sonnet card, available at B and H for $99.....

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 2.33.42 PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back