Register

High Sierra native support for 10Gb ethernet

Motherboard
Asrock z87e-itx
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8G
I just received my Syba card and, yes, it's completely plug-n-play. No flashing, no KextsToPatch needed. :headbang:
Can you make dump from ioreg and system profile with installed syba card? Thanks.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Can you make dump from ioreg and system profile with installed syba card? Thanks.
I'm not at my hack right now. I can post later. What is it that you want to see?

Motherboard
Asrock z87e-itx
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8G
I'm not at my hack right now. I can post later. What is it that you want to see?
I want to see Syba's device, vendor, subsys ids, has it built-in property or it is recognised as external card and compare with my flashed asus xg-c100c

Attachments

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I want to see Syba's device, vendor, subsys ids, has it built-in property or it is recognised as external card and compare with my flashed asus xg-c100c
Yes, there are differences. Even model is identified differently. Yes, my card is seen as built-in.

Yours is seen as Apple AQC107-AFW.
Mine is seen as Aquantia AQC107-B0.

Attachments

Motherboard
X299
CPU
İ9-7900X
Graphics
Zotac RTX 2080ti AMP
This Syba card is kinda unreliable. After a month it suddently stops doing WOL. So I have to unplug it and keep it aside for few days and then it magically starts to do WOL. It seems like capacitor discharge issue.
It has happened 2 times. I checked if some Windows Update borked my install but the other Non-Syba card from Aquantia works without any WOL issues.

Motherboard
Gigabyte X299 Ultra Gaming Pro
CPU
i9-7920X
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Is the Sonnet Solo 10G or the ASUS XG-C100C working OOB on Mojave ?

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
Gigabyte X299 Ultra Gaming Pro
CPU
i9-7920X
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
@pastrychef Thank you for your answer. Do you know why ? Because is the same Aquantia chip isn't it ?

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i9 7940X
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
This Syba card is kinda unreliable. After a month it suddently stops doing WOL. So I have to unplug it and keep it aside for few days and then it magically starts to do WOL. It seems like capacitor discharge issue.
It has happened 2 times. I checked if some Windows Update borked my install but the other Non-Syba card from Aquantia works without any WOL issues.
I've heard this about WOL on the Syba before, so that could be an issue IF wol is a deal breaker for you. It's not for me. And, given my troubled experience with the Sonnet Solo (keep your receipts!), my Syba has been working great. As I said, I don't care about WOL, so that just doesn't lower my recommendation for Syba being the best and easiest (remember, no patching, no rebooting with 10.3.3, no drivers, no AMLs, no kexts, no nothing required in macOS).

Also, for me, the Syba works in macOS, Linux and Windows (yes, I triple boot on the same computer).

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have all my utilities to wake my system using the motherboard's built-in ethernet and was too lazy to ever re-do them to wake through the Sybe so I don't even know. Lol