Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
@pastrychef Can you confirm the exact model number of this syba card? Thanks.
This is the one that I got:

Be careful with Amazon links. They have a nasty habit of showing you something else when whatever users link to is out of stock.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Is there a way to use this card with LC cables and SFP+ on the other end?
I"m unaware of any adaptors that would convert one cable standard to another. If you want to do something like this, you'd probably need a pretty high end switch.

If you want to use SFP+, you can always pick up some SolarFlare cards. I used them for quite a long time without any issues and drivers are available for download from the SolarFlare site.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
VEGA 56
Mobile Phone
Android
This is the one that I got:

Be careful with Amazon links. They have a nasty habit of showing you something else when whatever users link to is out of stock.
Thanks again @pastrychef. I have just received the card and I get the following screen upon OSX loading. Clover/BIOS and apple loading bar all usual but as soon as it boots to OSX i get this screen, upon removing the card OSX functions as usual. What do you think?:

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks again @pastrychef. I have just received the card and I get the following screen upon OSX loading. Clover/BIOS and apple loading bar all usual but as soon as it boots to OSX i get this screen, upon removing the card OSX functions as usual. What do you think?:

View attachment 386529
I have no idea. Please post your EFI folder. Also, what do you have installed in /Library/Extensions/? Which version of macOS are you running? Which slot do you have it plugged in?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
VEGA 56
Mobile Phone
Android
I have no idea. Please post your EFI folder. Also, what do you have installed in /Library/Extensions/? Which version of macOS are you running? Which slot do you have it plugged in?
Hi pastrychef,

Config.plist attached. Latest version of Mojave 10.14.3. SO i have a dual GPU setup. 2 x MSi VEGA Airboost. So i have just discovered if I plug my HDMI into the second GPU I can see whats going on which is a work aorund but there is clearly something going on with my GPU in PCI slot 1 as can be seen from the screenshot below and MSI's GPUTach. If i use 1 x GPU only the same thing happens.

Attachments

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi pastrychef,

Config.plist attached. Latest version of Mojave 10.14.3. SO i have a dual GPU setup. 2 x MSi VEGA Airboost. So i have just discovered if I plug my HDMI into the second GPU I can see whats going on which is a work aorund but there is clearly something going on with my GPU in PCI slot 1 as can be seen from the screenshot below and MSI's GPUTach. If i use 1 x GPU only the same thing happens.
View attachment 386569View attachment 386573
Nothing glaring stands out that could cause the problem you showed... What's even more strange is that it happens even with just one video card.

It's possible that you may have just gotten a bad card...

It's interesting to see that you are using AptioMemoryFix. Is native NVRAM working for you?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
VEGA 56
Mobile Phone
Android
Nothing glaring stands out that could cause the problem you showed... What's even more strange is that it happens even with just one video card.

It's possible that you may have just gotten a bad card...

It's interesting to see that you are using AptioMemoryFix. Is native NVRAM working for you?
Many thanks. Tbh this is @blouse EFI folder. Happy to check for you if you tell me how to clarify.

Regarding the SYBA card it's all working! I found a work around and seemed it was a graphics issue. If I plug into the HDMI of the other graphics card it avoids the error and I think the GPUtach was just an issue on startup as that issue no longer persists.

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Many thanks. Tbh this is @blouse EFI folder. Happy to check for you if you tell me how to clarify.

Regarding the SYBA card it's all working! I found a work around and seemed it was a graphics issue. If I plug into the HDMI of the other graphics card it avoids the error and I think the GPUtach was just an issue on startup as that issue no longer persists.
You can try the test here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/87c9pf

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
VEGA 56
Mobile Phone
Android