Contribute
Register

High Sierra native support for 10Gb ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.
My SYBA arrived today, plugged it straight in and worked out of the box, no additional kexts or any tweaking required!!!

Plugged it straight into my Synology and got these speeds (varied for how long the test ran for). Setting up an SSD cache on the NAS to max out the connection

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-01-18 18.43.16.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-18 18.43.16.png
    333.2 KB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot 2019-01-18 18.38.10.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-18 18.38.10.png
    368.7 KB · Views: 137
Pro tip: If you install the 2.1.5 driver found on station-drivers website on Windows 10, it has a special diagnostic which determines cable length. I have 2 Cable wires in my house taking 2 different routes from 10Gbe switch to my PC. The cat7 cable shows length as 16 mts. This is correct because it is running off a 15 mts cat7 cable purchased from amazon. The other cat6 cable which my electrician had installed before shows a length as 23 mts. But I don't have a way to determine this. I also have Asus XG-C100C but it shows Firmware v1.58 and cable length is unsupported on it. I have sent an email to Asus for updated firmware. This Syba card is running on firmware v3.0.33

Pro tip: If you install the 2.1.5 driver found on station-drivers website on Windows 10, it has a special diagnostic which determines cable length. I have 2 Cable wires in my house taking 2 different routes from 10Gbe switch to my PC. The cat7 cable shows length as 16 mts. This is correct because it is running off a 15 mts cat7 cable purchased from amazon. The other cat6 cable which my electrician had installed before shows a length as 23 mts. But I don't have a way to determine this. I also have Asus XG-C100C but it shows Firmware v1.58 and cable length is unsupported on it. I have sent an email to Asus for updated firmware. This Syba card is running on firmware v3.0.33

Do you have a link to the drivers? I didn't see anything for Syba, only Aquantia. Thanks in advance.

I just received my Syba card and, yes, it's completely plug-n-play. No flashing, no KextsToPatch needed. :headbang:

Thanks for informing us about this card!
@pastrychef Can you confirm the exact model number of this syba card? Thanks.

Is there a way to use this card with LC cables and SFP+ on the other end?

I"m unaware of any adaptors that would convert one cable standard to another. If you want to do something like this, you'd probably need a pretty high end switch.

If you want to use SFP+, you can always pick up some SolarFlare cards. I used them for quite a long time without any issues and drivers are available for download from the SolarFlare site.

This is the one that I got:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G2DV9K2/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Be careful with Amazon links. They have a nasty habit of showing you something else when whatever users link to is out of stock.
Thanks again @pastrychef. I have just received the card and I get the following screen upon OSX loading. Clover/BIOS and apple loading bar all usual but as soon as it boots to OSX i get this screen, upon removing the card OSX functions as usual. What do you think?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back