Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a new actor in 10Gb ethernet cards:
https://www.asustor.com/en/product/AS_T10G
important thing to note: released with MacOS, Win and Linux drivers
https://www.asustor.com/service/download_AS_T10G
Asustor_AS-T10G.jpg

Last edited:
Appreciate all the work that has gone into this thread. I post earlier but never got any response. I know this thread was started for High Sierra but I'm doing a new build starting with Mojave. So, given the experience of @pastrychef and others, I'm just looking for the best OOB option for 10g in a new Hackintosh. If it helps, I'll be using a z270/i7-7700K combo.

Reading through everything from the very beginning it appears that there are 3 OOB cost effective options now:

- Synology
- Sonnet
- Asustor

Can anyone confirm that any one of these is a simple install for Mojave?

Thanks!

/mw

Appreciate all the work that has gone into this thread. I post earlier but never got any response. I know this thread was started for High Sierra but I'm doing a new build starting with Mojave. So, given the experience of @pastrychef and others, I'm just looking for the best OOB option for 10g in a new Hackintosh. If it helps, I'll be using a z270/i7-7700K combo.

Reading through everything from the very beginning it appears that there are 3 OOB cost effective options now:

- Synology
- Sonnet
- Asustor

Can anyone confirm that any one of these is a simple install for Mojave?

Thanks!

/mw

I'm still on my flashed Gigabyte card. I intend to buy the Sonnet one eventually, but I'm waiting a bit so old inventory can be cleared out as the first batch had problems and were prone to premature failure.

I'm still on my flashed Gigabyte card. I intend to buy the Sonnet one eventually, but I'm waiting a bit so old inventory can be cleared out as the first batch had problems and were prone to premature failure.

Thanks. I've just started a new thread on 'Mojave 10Gb ethernet' so we can help others just starting out on this journey. Including me! So hoping someone will post experience over there. Any reason you would choose Sonnet over the Synology card?

Thanks. I've just started a new thread on 'Mojave 10Gb ethernet' so we can help others just starting out on this journey. Including me! So hoping someone will post experience over there. Any reason you would choose Sonnet over the Synology card?

Just not enough reports from Synology and Asustor users yet. With the Sonnet, I know it was made to work with macOS from the start.

Anyone have a link for 10.13.3? Thinking of buying an Asus XG-C100C and from what I've read here you can only flash it with 10.13.3 in order for it to be Apple flashed, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Some folks on Amazon (in the reviews section) have reported that Revision B of the Solo10G PCIe card is much improved and may not have the issues that I and others have experienced with the Revision A of that card. If true, it would be a great card for use in Macs.

But, as always, caveat emptor! If you do buy a Revision B of the Solo10G card, just to be safe, make sure you keep your receipt and be ready to return it if it fails....

Anyone have a link for 10.13.3? Thinking of buying an Asus XG-C100C and from what I've read here you can only flash it with 10.13.3 in order for it to be Apple flashed, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I can't find a 10.13.3 installer, should I just buy a Synology card instead of an Asus XG-C100C card?

Edit: Found a 10.13.2 installer, on the Apple site there's two options for the 10.13.3 update, one for iMac Pro and one for normal High Sierra, which one should I download?

Last edited:
Some folks on Amazon (in the reviews section) have reported that Revision B of the Solo10G PCIe card is much improved and may not have the issues that I and others have experienced with the Revision A of that card. If true, it would be a great card for use in Macs.

But, as always, caveat emptor! If you do buy a Revision B of the Solo10G card, just to be safe, make sure you keep your receipt and be ready to return it if it fails....

So I got one of the Solo10G rev B cards direct from Sonnet end of last week. I saved it to complete my Mojave build this weekend. Got my first Hack up and running with no issues. Everything works EXCEPT the Solo10G. The onboard 1g intel ethernet works but the Solo10G, even though it is recognized by 10.14.1 in both System Preferences and System Report, never gets a link light and shows 'cable not connected' in the Network preferences. Anyone else have this working? I bought this card because it was supposed to work OOB with MacOS, and while it is recognized, just no connectivity. I can literally unplug the cable from the Solo10G and put it in the onboard 1g port and it lights right up and pulls an IP address. Just don't get it. I've tried the various kext patches by @meize etc., but none of that works either. Going to try to get Sonnet to give me some support as I couldn't even install the Windows drivers from the Sonnet site with this card. Windows sees the card, like MacOS does, but when I install the Win 10 drivers it says that 'no driver could be found' for the card. And it's Sonnet driver package! Makes me think maybe the card is faulty in some way and I am tearing my hair out for no good reason. But I assumed that because it was being picked up in Mojave that it 'should' work.

Any ideas? Any other suggestions for a reasonably priced 10g card that does work OOB with Mojave, or that requires a simple fix. I don't have 10.13.3 available to try to go through that process with an ASUS card etc. And some of the other 'Mac' 10g cards are $300-500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back