Contribute
Register

High Sierra native support for 10Gb ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some good news and some bad news...

I signed up for the public beta program and using my normal, everyday EFI folder, the AQC107 works in macOS 10.13.3 beta 6!!!!

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 9.52.44 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 9.52.33 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 9.53.45 AM.png

Installing the beta definitely did something to the card. When in System Preferences/Network/ and you click in to the advance settings and Hardware, there are new options that just weren't there before. This is true even when not booted in to the beta.

Now, the bad news... The card still doesn't work in 10.13.2 for me. It sometimes tries but is never successful at pulling an IP when set to use DHCP. Manually setting an IP doesn't work either.
Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 10.25.28 AM.png

Attachments

• iMac.ioreg
    7.6 MB · Views: 243
Last edited:
You can install 10.13.2 and upgrade it over air to 10.13.3 Beta 6 and see if it works.

Is the MAC address shown by both Windows and macOS match?

Otherwise is it possible to dump my card's firmware and install it on your card. I have read somewhere about the procedure on Linux.

So, can I verify which Aquantia card you are using? It is the Asus XG-C100C, correct? Or is it something else?.

What card are you using? The Asus or the Gigabyte? And if you could, the specific model of the card you are using? Or is it some other brand? I know Aquantia sells to some direct, and they sell to a lot of vendors....

I am very interested, but do not want to install the beta of 10.13.3. Perhaps the reason it's working is because you forced the install of the drivers in Windows?

I will look into purchasing the Asus card, but that will take some time.....finding it, ordering it, shipping, etc.....

Last edited:
Update:

It took a while, but the AQC107 finally pulled an IP using DHCP and is working in macOS 10.13.2!!!!
Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 11.45.41 AM.png

That's great! Any idea, outside of just giving it time, that made it work?

I haven't the faintest clue. Lol

They system went to sleep and when I returned to wake the computer, I checked and it was working. I'm going to head out for some brunch and let the system sleep and will report back with any changes.

I haven't the faintest clue. Lol

They system went to sleep and when I returned to wake the computer, I checked and it was working. I'm going to head out for some brunch and let the system sleep and will report back with any changes.

So, is it possible that the 10.13.3 beta left some newer drivers or something that made the card start to function? Also, you have an Asus Z370 motherboard that you're working on, correct? And, you bought and installed a Gigabyte version of the Aquantia card and it worked, correct?

Hmm....maybe I will sign up for the 10.13.3 beta.....

So, is it possible that the 10.13.3 beta left some newer drivers or something that made the card start to function? Also, you have an Asus Z370 motherboard that you're working on, correct? And, you bought and installed a Gigabyte version of the Aquantia card and it worked, correct?

Hmm....maybe I will sign up for the 10.13.3 beta.....

No, I installed the public beta on a separate drive. My normal everyday system drive was untouched by the beta. I agree that the beta did something to the firmware of the card.

Yes, I'm doing all this testing on my Asus Z370 system.

At this point, in macOS 10.13.2, my Gigabyte AQC107 card is still sporadic and takes a long while to acquire an IP address. He is having better luck with his Asus branded AQC107 card.

I'm confident that when the official 10.13.3 drops, it will work much better.

10.13.2 is using older Aquantia driver version than 10.13.3 Beta 6.

So, in theory, one could download the beta and extract the driver. I believe it's buried in IONetworkingFamily.kext, but, it's probably just better to just show some patience and wait for the released version of 10.13.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back