Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

I am trying to fresh install HS from a usb, I have a working Sierra drive and installing HS on a separate drive.
However, on boot, I receive a kernel panic and a reboot. I tried several boot options, always ending up with the same results. I have a gtx 960 graphics card, dunno if it’s related to that. Anyway the attached image shows the result I receive.
Please can anyone help here?

image.jpg

same problem here, mine goes a bit further but i get some details that have no use to me, maybe you know how to scroll during boot?? mybe i can check errors (it could be the same as yours)

Guys please help, I've tried a shitload of combinations with the same result everytime, even tried to make the bootable disk again with same result. exactly same result. :(

I am getting the same when trying the update on my desktop. Have not found a solution yet

same problem
CPU:i5-5200u

Are you using the same kexts in your Clover/kexts/ folder as you use for booting your working sierra install?

Did you use realtekALC method for audio on sierra? and are those kexts or kext-patch entries present in your config.plist while booting the installer for HS? If so then remove them.

Are you using the same kexts in your Clover/kexts/ folder as you use for booting your working sierra install?

Did you use realtekALC method for audio on sierra? and are those kexts or kext-patch entries present in your config.plist while booting the installer for HS? If so then remove them.
I used the same kexts on the usb stick as instructed in the tutorial to make a bootable usb stick (this one "https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/ ").

do you mean i should keep the kexts folder empty?

Here's a screenshot of what I see before the System reboots. Have not found what the problem is. I'm doing a fresh install of HS btw.

Attachments

• IMG_1218.jpg
    IMG_1218.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 224
I used the same kexts on the usb stick as instructed in the tutorial to make a bootable usb stick (this one "https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/ ").

do you mean i should keep the kexts folder empty?

Create a USB stick using this guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Remove all kexts from the kexts folder apart from FakeSMC, NullCPU(if needed) or your usb injector. Make sure clover is also not patching any kexts on the fly.

If this still doesn't work, then drop files on by one from driversUEFI64 folder and keep your config.plist as simple as possible.

Try this and let me know what works and what does not. It's elimination by trial and error.

Also it might be a good idea to try different USB ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back