Contribute
Register

High Sierra kernel panic... again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ProArt B660-Creator D4 (previously Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H)
CPU
i7-12700K (previously i7-3770K)
Graphics
Radeon RX 570 4Gb (previously GTX 670)
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
This is perhaps a continuation of another thread I had about a year ago with a kernel panic on my setup that I ended up resolving (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-14-page-fault-cant-perform-kext-scan.302927/)

For some completely unprovoked reason, today, on boot-up at the Apple logo, the progress bar moves along fast, then very slowly, then just hangs. On verbose mode I get the attached kernel panic.
I've tried all the usual arguments to get past it -f-x-s and UserKernelCache=No (and Yes) to no avail.

I'm running Clover r5121.
I've tried installing latest kext for WhateverGreen and Lilu.
I've removed some 3rd party /L/E kexts and re-installed these using HackinTool and therein also Repaired Permissions.

I'm writing this post from an old (full) HDD that I kept for this very scenario (and I'm glad I did). All the kexts compare well enough so have no idea what is causing this. Should I just delete everything from the /L/E/ folder and copy/install using HackinTool all the kexts over from the working/functioning drive /L/E folder? If this old drive boots and has same config.plist along with content of L/E folder, surely this should work?

I'm at my wits end and out of ideas. Would really appreciate some suggestions to get this drive loading again. EFI folder attached.
Thanks so much in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_2931.jpg
    IMG_2931.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 111
  • EFI.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 113
Hi,
This is perhaps a continuation of another thread I had about a year ago with a kernel panic on my setup that I ended up resolving (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-14-page-fault-cant-perform-kext-scan.302927/)

For some completely unprovoked reason, today, on boot-up at the Apple logo, the progress bar moves along fast, then very slowly, then just hangs. On verbose mode I get the attached kernel panic.
I've tried all the usual arguments to get past it -f-x-s and UserKernelCache=No (and Yes) to no avail.

I'm running Clover r5121.
I've tried installing latest kext for WhateverGreen and Lilu.
I've removed some 3rd party /L/E kexts and re-installed these using HackinTool and therein also Repaired Permissions.

I'm writing this post from an old (full) HDD that I kept for this very scenario (and I'm glad I did). All the kexts compare well enough so have no idea what is causing this. Should I just delete everything from the /L/E/ folder and copy/install using HackinTool all the kexts over from the working/functioning drive /L/E folder? If this old drive boots and has same config.plist along with content of L/E folder, surely this should work?

I'm at my wits end and out of ideas. Would really appreciate some suggestions to get this drive loading again. EFI folder attached.
Thanks so much in advance.
-f-x-s isn't a boot argument recognised in clover

have a search for "Mach Reboot"

Sorry, I meant I tried those arguments separately on separate attempts.-x, -s and -f from boot options.

You have multiple memory fix drivers, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi which do the same job and are mutually exclusive.

You have multiple HFS drivers, HFSPlus.efi and VBoxHfs-64.efi which do the same job and are mutually exclusive.

I expect that your motherboard has native NVRAM support (you should check) which would mean that you don't need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back