Contribute
Register

High Sierra is booting but hangs on the second short boot window ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
gigabyte z68xp-ud5
CPU
intel core i7 2600 k
Graphics
sapphire radeon 7870
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, I have a problem with a high Sierra installation,
if I boot in verbose mode it runs completely through, but then appears a second boot window
without text, normally it should be finished after a few seconds but in my case it stops in the middle,
after a while the system reboots.. Has anybody a similar experience, is it the graphic driver ?
I run a Radeon 7870 maybe thats the problem, any ideas ..Thank you so much Greetings Gary

Hello, I have a problem with a high Sierra installation,
if I boot in verbose mode it runs completely through, but then appears a second boot window
without text, normally it should be finished after a few seconds but in my case it stops in the middle,
after a while the system reboots.. Has anybody a similar experience, is it the graphic driver ?
I run a Radeon 7870 maybe thats the problem, any ideas ..Thank you so much Greetings Gary
upload your zipped clover/OC folder so someone can take a look

here is the clover folder, there is a huge log file..don´t know if this is needed..

Attachments

• clover folder high sierra ga z68 xp ud5 radeon 7870.zip
    26.6 MB · Views: 83
here is the clover folder, there is a huge log file..don´t know if this is needed..
probably no need for a DSDT

also best not to let clover configurator to generate a config.plist for you

Tomorrow I will try to boot with another graphic card..Maybe z68 chipset is to old for high Sierra,
I only have a legacy bios..

What is the best way to generate a config.plist?
I've run High Sierra on a legacy BIOS Z68 Gigabyte board so it certainly is possible. Works perfectly well.
Hello, do you remember which graphic card you had installed ?

What is the best way to generate a config.plist?
Unibeast for High Sierra creates one. May need a few modifications for your system.
Hello, do you remember which graphic card you had installed ?
I used the HD3000. You can use any HS supported graphics card.

I have the radeon 7870 and there are some issues in connection with legacy bios boards, do you know a more
compatible grafic card ?

I would buy one that also works with Mojave and Catalina if you ever plan on upgrading to either of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back