Contribute
Register

High Sierra installs but doesn't show in Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey am having the same problem, after installing High Sierra from a USB drive.

1. Clean install via CLOVER, 10.13 AFPS. I can boot High Sierra via USB drive
2. Clover Configurator will not show EFI mount for my SSD High Sierra.

I followed your instructions in terminal. I'm stuck here ->

$ diskutil mount /dev/disk0s1
which will create a mount point in the default path, which on a booted High Sierra is /Volumes. So now you should have a way to read and write to the EFI using /Volumes/EFI (or something like that). Finally copy the file
$ cp /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.ef /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
or something like that.

in my case my Hackintosh HD is /dev/disk7s1

After mounting it tells me its mounted. I still do not see the hardrive displayed in CloverConfigurator. I do not know how to go about copying the afps.efi to the driver64UEFI folder. I tried your command in terminal but Clover Configurator still dosen't display EFI partition for my hackintosh HD.

PLS HELP ! many thanks!
Ok so you can boot to High Sierra if you boot clover from the USB stick, then select your High Sierra build from the SSD on the clover boot screen.

You say you can't mount the High Sierra SSD's EFI partition in Clover Configurator but you're not clear why you need to mount the EFI partition. What problem are you trying to fix? But I dig you want to be able to mount it. CC should be able to mount it.

Do you think the issue is, you need top copy apfs.efi to your High Sierra's EFI partition? Only clover needs apfs.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI. macOS does not need it, it has it in /usr/standalone/i386.

Maybe you're saying, you can boot clover from the stick, but you can't boot clover from the SSD and select High Sierra. So you're trying to copy the apfs.efi to the EFI partition on the SSD.

If that's the case, then you need to boot into High Sierra, open Terminal.app, and do
$ diskutil list
that will identify the full name of the EFI partition on the High Sierra SSD. You say it's /dev/disk7s1, so then you do
$ diskutil mount /dev/disk7s1
and you should see "Volume EFI on /dev/disk7s1 mounted". then
$ cp /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
(double check the paths before you copy, that's off the top of my head)
You might need to precede cp with sudo but I wouldn't think you'd need to do that - 'sudo cp ...' and provide your password.

Ok so you can boot to High Sierra if you boot clover from the USB stick, then select your High Sierra build from the SSD on the clover boot screen.

You say you can't mount the High Sierra SSD's E
7wYxGPXin1v8Ve7q2
FI partition in Clover Configurator but you're not clear why you need to mount the EFI partition. What problem are you trying to fix? But I dig you want to be able to mount it. CC should be able to mount it.

Do you think the issue is, you need top copy apfs.efi to your High Sierra's EFI partition? Only clover needs apfs.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI. macOS does not need it, it has it in /usr/standalone/i386.

Maybe you're saying, you can boot clover from the stick, but you can't boot clover from the SSD and select High Sierra. So you're trying to copy the apfs.efi to the EFI partition on the SSD.

If that's the case, then you need to boot into High Sierra, open Terminal.app, and do
$ diskutil list
that will identify the full name of the EFI partition on the High Sierra SSD. You say it's /dev/disk7s1, so then you do
$ diskutil mount /dev/disk7s1
and you should see "Volume EFI on /dev/disk7s1 mounted". then
$ cp /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
(double check the paths before you copy, that's off the top of my head)
You might need to precede cp with sudo but I wouldn't think you'd need to do that - 'sudo cp ...' and provide your password.

Hey thanks for taking the time to answer my question. Pls look at the screen capture! It says file does not exist or something :(
Am I missing something... thanks !

Hey thanks for taking the time to answer my question. Pls look at the screen capture! It says file does not exist or something :(
Am I missing something... thanks !
I must be missing something, I don't see a screen cap. I do see like an icon of an image with a red X through it, but it's in a weird place in the middle of my earlier response. Can you re-up it, make sure you can see it cleanly?

If it says file does not exist, and it's on the cp command.. first verify the file is there using ls. Say it's saying file does not exist on apfs.efi, which should be in /usr/standalone/i386. Use Terminal.app, cd /usr/standalone/i386, do an ls.. does it report that there is a file called apfs.efi there? As far as I know, on a High Sierra install REGARDLESS of whether that install is HFS+ or APFS, that file should be there. However, if its not, you can either grab it from within the High Sierra installer bundle or download it from this forum, it's been posted any number of times as attachments to threads and may even be in the downloads area. I think later Clover builds install it too?

If it's saying that the destination part of the cp command doesn't exist, verify that I have the path right. When you use `diskutil mount` it should put the mount point somewhere in /Volumes, but first
$ ls /Volumes
and make sure there is a mount point called EFI (and not, say, EFI_1 or something). Just validate the paths before you cp.

I must be missing something, I don't see a screen cap. I do see like an icon of an image with a red X through it, but it's in a weird place in the middle of my earlier response. Can you re-up it, make sure you can see it cleanly?

If it says file does not exist, and it's on the cp command.. first verify the file is there using ls. Say it's saying file does not exist on apfs.efi, which should be in /usr/standalone/i386. Use Terminal.app, cd /usr/standalone/i386, do an ls.. does it report that there is a file called apfs.efi there? As far as I know, on a High Sierra install REGARDLESS of whether that install is HFS+ or APFS, that file should be there. However, if its not, you can either grab it from within the High Sierra installer bundle or download it from this forum, it's been posted any number of times as attachments to threads and may even be in the downloads area. I think later Clover builds install it too?

If it's saying that the destination part of the cp command doesn't exist, verify that I have the path right. When you use `diskutil mount` it should put the mount point somewhere in /Volumes, but first
$ ls /Volumes
and make sure there is a mount point called EFI (and not, say, EFI_1 or something). Just validate the paths before you cp.
sorry about this, can you try this link

https://photos.app.goo.gl/L4o7E5beGAe3377g1

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ir38s0c1a5Y4PUua2

$ ls /Volumes

when I ls /volumes I do not see EFI folder....;-( just all the drives in the system.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QmnVsY9lP3xG8rEw2

Can anyone help? stuck here, should I just use multibeast or something.

Are you executing the diskutil mount command? Is the command returning anything?

If you identify the EFI of your SSD as /dev/disk7s2, and you issue the command
$ diskutil mount /dev/disk7s2
you should then see
Volume EFI on /dev/disk7s2 mounted

and `ls /Volumes` should now show the EFI directory.

For some reason none of the images you're uploading are working for me. They all 404.

edit: if your SSD is /dev/disk7 that suggests you have a lot of physical disks attached. You might consider temporarily disconnecting or disabling all the disks except the SSD you're trying to work on. that should make the SSD /dev/disk1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back