Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050Ti WF2
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there!

Lifelong mac user, recently got annoyed at the price of a Mac Pro, and decided to build for the first time. I'm a developer so pretty tech savvy, but this is all pretty new to me.

Went for a Gigabyte H270-G3 mobo, 8gb Ballistix Elite RAM, an Intel 7700k, and a Gigabyte GTX 1050 ti, all recommended on the buyers guide, I've created the USB installer using Unibeast 8.1.0, tried my UEFI on a bunch of different combinations of settings, all with UEFI as the storage boot, and trying different combinations of XHCI being enabled/disabled etc.

Most combinations all seem to end up in the same place, the USB boots, I select the High Sierra installer, and then it goes to the black screen with the Apple logo, then the screen with the loading bar under the Apple logo, it starts off fairy quick, gets to half way in a few minutes, then it starts to slow right down and it's currently been going for about an hour and a half, and it's nearly at the end, I'm fairy certain it's not suppose to take this long?

For further info, I tried it yesterday and it got to the end, and then just stayed there, so I rebooted it, then it sped through the loading bar and then allowed me to begin installing it, and then it would crash before making any progress on the actual install.

Would greatly appreciate any help!

Many thanks,
George

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you
Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Attachments

• B16A071D-D0B2-4E99-816A-0F2D14D52F87.jpeg
    B16A071D-D0B2-4E99-816A-0F2D14D52F87.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 138
3rd reminder :
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Yes I saw this, but thought I listed my primary system in the original post?
The rules specify that the hardware should be in your profile not at some random place of your own choosing.
This way potential helpers can see instantly what you have without having to scroll back to see if/where you specified it.
Please add your Motherboard or pre-built system (Mobo), Processor (CPU) and Graphics to your profile. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back