Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VII Ranger
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
ASUS GTX 760
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a working sierra hackintosh installation, but I want to do a clean install, so did my USB with unibeast, but when I load the installer a circle appears then it starts to spin and then stops. I don't have any idea what to do.

These photos show what is going on i forgot to upload them

Attachments

• FA304F26-0D63-4899-9891-02D28455D8A4.jpeg
    FA304F26-0D63-4899-9891-02D28455D8A4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 125
  • D95B99A5-1E07-4108-ABBF-C4E1858250A7.jpeg
    D95B99A5-1E07-4108-ABBF-C4E1858250A7.jpeg
    544.8 KB · Views: 102
These photos show what is going on i forgot to upload them
  • Your problem is the Nvidia GTX 760 not having its Nvidia Webdrivers installed yet and your error message is telling you that.
  • I suggest the following as your troubleshoot from this screen.
    • Force shut down and then reboot From the above frozen verbose boot screen.
    • On reboot press the hotkey to enter BIOS Setup
    • In BIOS Setup, go to the menu where you select Graphics
    • Choose your Intel Processor Graphics (IGFX)
    • Choose also a DVMT Pre-Allocated Memory of 128M ( minimum is 64M)
    • Go to Boot Option Priorities to make your UEFI USB Installer as #1 and Disable all other disks you see in that list as DISABLED one after the other.
    • Save yourBIOS settings with F10 and reboot
    • The monitor screen will show "No Display"
    • Shut Down the PC >remove Power cable from PSU socket.
    • Remove Video cable from your PCIE NVIDIA GTX 760 Graphics and connect to Intel Integrated HD 4600 card's port
    • Remove Side Panel and carefully Remove PCIE Power if any from your Nvidia Graphics card.
    • Carefully Remove the Nvidia card from its PCIE socket without disturbing any other devices from their connections
    • Reconnect PWR cable to PSU socket
    • Turn Power ON and Reboot
    • Enter BIOS again to make sure all your Previous setup to boot using IGFX and USB Installer disk as first boot device remain OK.
    • Boot to Clover Boot Manager (CBM) screen
    • Boot your USB installer in Verbose mode.( ALWAYS do verbose boot until you get a fully functioning system on the hard disk that does not need a USB installer to boot)
    • Take screen shots to post if there are problems.
    • After installation using Intel HD Graphics that requires in config.plist_Device>FakeID_IntelGFX =04128086 and in config.plist_Graphics_: [√]InjectIntel and ig-paltform-id =0D220003 and installing Clover on that disk and other required kexts using Multibeast or clover EFI and kexts manually and configuring the CLOVER and its config.plist using an editor like Clover Configurator Vibrant, and rebooting to make sure you don't need any USB installer, you can reinstall removed NVIDIA graphics.
    • For Nvidia graphics installation as a second stage job, first install Nvidia Webdriver corresponding to the installed version of macOS HighSierra (NVIDIA Drivers ) > Please read about Nvidia graphics in HS installation before installing it. Make sure to edit config.plist changing options from IGFX to [√] NvidiaWeb in config.plsit_System Parameters and also make Inject kexts [Yes] Remove [v]InjectIntel in Graphics meno of config.plsit. [I prefer CCV for EFI Partition mounting nd CLOVER/kexts/Other and config.plsit editing]
    • On reboot you have to go to BIOS to select PCIE Graphics and Disable Intel Processor Graphics and as done before Shut down PC and reinsert the removed NVIDIA and reconnect Monitor to it.
    • Again boot from CBM screen in verbose to photograph any boot screen that needs to be uploaded to the Forum for help.

Your problem is the Nvidia GTX 760 not having its Nvidia Webdrivers installed yet
The GTX 760 has native support - No need for web drivers.

The GTX 760 has native support - No need for web drivers.

I don't have GTX 760. Sorry, I misspoke about the need for NvidiaWebdriver then.
But the error message is suggesting a problem with Graphics.
What are you recommending to OP right now to overcome that verbose boot error and progress toward Installation screen?
Disabling Intel Processor Graphics in the BIOS and using PCIE Graphics?

What are you recommending to OP right now to overcome that verbose boot error and progress toward Installation screen?
Disabling Intel Processor Graphics in the BIOS and using PCIE Graphics?
Disable Vt-d in BIOS settings.
Disable Integrated graphics - Set PEG as Primary.
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Config.plist - Disable SIP completely - CsrActiveConfig 0x67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back