Contribute
Register

High Sierra Installer Crashes on Asus z170

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove all non-essential hardware including graphics adaptors and drives on which you don't intend to install the OS. Use a chipset USB port. Follow the instructions for your motherboard to the letter. An ASUS board which is properly configured is nigh-on guaranteed to reach OS if done properly.

Just done these, removed my GTX970 and everything execpt mouse. Just tried out 4 USB drives and 3 hard drives (1 M.2 SSD, 1 SATA SSD and one Seagate IronWolf, nothing worked for me. I just thinking about that the problem is, that i can't enable XHCI. Just trying to install the latest MacOS X High Sierra. Tried out so many config and EFI folders...

Was there ans success? Got the same Problem and don’t find anything that helped me...

I actually just got everything up and running a few days ago. If you are having the exact same problem as me with the same hardware, it turns out the "crash" isn't a crash at all. It's just the installer rebooting, hah. So once it crashes, when clover loads again, go ahead and boot from the newly created install option. It'll "crash" (reboot) a total of 3 times before the installer finishes.

That said, everything ran smoothly for a few days and then MacOS completely disappeared from clover but I think that was somehow my fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back