CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have spent about 15 hours combined trying to get the High Sierra Installer to complete. I've used the official guide on Tonymac, some other guides by users here with similar setups to mine, and guides on other websites as well. No matter the BIOS configuration, the kexts, the config.plist settings, the boot method (unibeast/clover) etc, the High Sierra installer crashes at 2 minutes remaining. Progress bar always stops at the same place.

I'm using a macbook on 10.13.4 to create the USB using High Sierra from the app store.

My Build is
MOBO: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
CPU: i7 6700K
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2800
GFX: MSI GeForce GTX 980 TI
Various storage devices; installing Mac OS to an empty 240gb Sandisk SSD
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850

I previously had Sierra running on this same config last summer but thought I'd start fresh with High Sierra.

Is there any other information I can provide to help pinpoint what is causing it to crash and auto-restart at 2 minutes?

Attachments

• IMG_0942(1).jpg
    IMG_0942(1).jpg
    3 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Added to original post. Some other text appeared below "Done" for about a half a second before it auto rebooted. Hopefully what I took a picture of is helpful though.

Added to original post.
Why ? We are trying to work forwards not backwards.

2nd reminder :
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Profile.png

My Fault, somehow I misread "Profiles" as "Posts". Should be good now.
Your image shows a graphics problem - Make sure that you are booting with nv_disable=1.
If that still does not help try safe mode.

Your image shows a graphics problem - Make sure that you are booting with nv_disable=1.
If that still does not help try safe mode.

With nv_disable=1, it crashed at the same spot. With Safe Mode, the system immediately restarted upon attempting to boot the installer.

With nv_disable=1, it crashed at the same spot. With Safe Mode, the system immediately restarted upon attempting to boot the installer.
Then you may have to remove the graphics card and install using your integrated HD Graphics 530.

Then you may have to remove the graphics card and install using your integrated HD Graphics 530.

Just tried that and it crashed at the same spot.

Just tried that and it crashed at the same spot.
Then it is probably either your BIOS settings or your config.plist.

Use the forum Search tool to see if you can find a User Build guide that uses parts similar to your own.
Ensure that Clover is updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back