Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 I Aorus Ultra
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello. I hope someone can help. I have been attempting for days to install High Sierra on my Optiplex 780. The guide I followed led me perfectly to installation, including a rollback of the AMDRaedonx3000.kext, AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver, IOAccelerator2D.plugin and IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext, which, indeed, gave me video on my 5450 and got me into the High Sierra setup routine. I completed the setup and then, before I did anything else, rebooted using the install drive to make sure it would boot up. I did this because previously I had installed Clover on the system drive and encountered an error on reboot... so this time, I didn't want to change a thing before I rebooted.

So, on reboot, Clover recognized the system drive and booted. But then I got stuck on the same error: IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 (see attached image). The only thing that had changed was that I had completed the setup routine. Can anyone take a look at the image below and offer any advice for getting past this error? I'm also attaching my Clover folder from the install drive. Thanks in advance for any guidance anyone can offer.
IMG_7119.JPG

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 101
any advice for getting past this error?
It's not an error but part of every boot sequence except that things usually progress beyond this point.

Try installing WhateverGreen.kext.

This may help :

Or other solutions from the forum Search tool.

Last edited:
Thank you, Pilgrim. I'm told WhateverGreen doesn't work with Optiplex, but I'm willing to try anything at this point. If that doesn't work, I'll delve into the guide you provided. Thank you again. I've actually done a Forum search, and couldn't find anything specific to my system regarding this situation.

Pilgrim: None of the above worked, so in desperation, I re-re-installed the AMDRaedonx3000.kext, AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver, IOAccelerator2D.plugin and IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext roll-backs. It booted right up. Then, I tried a restart to see if it would hold, and got hung in the same place. What could possibly be happening to those kexts on restart?

Booted into single-user mode and rebuilt the kext cache. Been fine on multiple restarts now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back