CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming G1 6GB DDR5
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, hello it's my first hackintosh install so I'm pretty newbie at this topic, but straight to the point.

My PC configuration:
Code:
Intel Core i7-4790K
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
Kingston 16GB (2x8GB) 2400MHz CL11 HyperX Savage
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming G1 6GB DDR5 384bit

I've managed to prepare USB installer and install High Sierra on my PC using the guide from: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/

It wasn't that easy but somehow it worked fine, the only change I had to do to config.plist was adding this:
Code:
<key>DropTables</key>
<array>
  <dict>
    <key>Signature</key>
    <string>MATS</string>
  </dict>
  <dict>
    <key>Signature</key>
    <string>DMAR</string>
  </dict>
</array>

Unfortunately after install I couldn't boot the system to create system account. In this case I've found out that safe mode was a legit solution. The system booted and I was able to create account and had a "working" workstation. But at this point system didn't look stable at all.

I've decided to go with next step which was running the Multibeast on my new installation. Unfortunately Multibeast didn't worked while I was on safe mode.

Then I've found that new version of Unibeast came out, so I've decided to try running my newly installed system using the Unibeast configured clover. Unfortunately it didn't worked at all. Now my system won't run normally and won't run in safe mode at all. The screen stops at this information, and keep refreshing this screen forever. adding the droptables to config.plist didn't worked that well like last time).

243027-0853748d579aaacf056a6b3b84171e34.jpg

Do I missing something? Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_3100.JPG
    IMG_3100.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 371
Now the installation is totally broken. Can't login to Mac OS, can't run installator. Any ideas?

you shoud have tried full installation from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/

instead of beta public installation, thanks to unibeast it should be easier to install

on my setup I could install it, and still use multibeast 9.2.1 (for Sierra) to get it functionnal (ticked nvidia webdriver bootflag, install nvidia webdriver provided on tonymacs download section)

@neoxlefou Which kext'a did you use for installation, what bootflags? Did you have to mess with the dropping tables? I have HS installed but nothing works for me. It's either this message or this one (when trying to run it with -x -v mode):

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

I tried yesterday but can not able to install it because every time I tried I ended up with this error
Attempting System Restart... Mach Boot.
I had working Sierra, so I tried with direct upgrade guide and stuck with above error, tried fresh install still got above error. so I revert back to Sierra :D. don't know what is wrong but couldn't install high sierra.

My Config:
MotherBoard: z87x-oc
Cpu: i5- 4770k

@neoxlefou Which kext'a did you use for installation, what bootflags? Did you have to mess with the dropping tables? I have HS installed but nothing works for me. It's either this message or this one (when trying to run it with -x -v mode):

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

I did set any flag at all and just went in the graphics menu to force my GTX1080 id

i'll retry soon as new unibeast and multibeast is out.
reminder before multibeast 10 release : upgrading sierra to highsierra went fine but lacks of USB3, direct install highsierra did not worked

did you fix this? i get the same error.

i installed using 'boot igfx 1st' in bios (and nvidia GTX770 removed) and the install went smooth. I installed web drivers and rebooted with the GTX card inserted and all is fine, Card is detected and i can use 3 screens on it but......i'm still booting 'igfx 1st' in bios so have to keep a monitor plugged into Mobo in order to see boot sequence/bios.

if i change bios to 'boot PCI Slot1 1st' i can see the bios on GTX monitor but i get the IOConsole (IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0) error on main display (DVI1) and black screens on all other outputs.

So short answer is to ignore boot sequence and run 3 monitors on GTX but booting 'igfx first' in bios.

i dont have to do this in my Sierra installation on same Mobo (seperate drive and clover)

Thanks for your reply. This didnt seem to make any difference.

also this problem existed before i installed any web drivers.

for now i have dual wired a screen to alternate between mobo and GTX.

why do you think this has changed in High Sierra (worked fine in Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back