Motherboard
Asus P8Z77 -V LK
CPU
Intel - Xeon E3-1230 V2 3.3GHz
Graphics
ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Mac
  1. iMac
I've had a successful build for several years now running with a Xeon E3-1230 V2 which does not have integrated graphics. Historically this has worked just fine with boot flags that allow the card to be used without panics or now recently allow the web driver support. This worked previously with a GTX 580 and now a GTX 1060 through Sierra.

Now, trying out a fresh install with HS produces a hang in the middle of the process with a '...ran for 0 seconds...' verbose output, pretty close to recent posts here and here. I can post my own logs, but it's looking the same.

All solutions I've been able to find point to disabling nvidia cards and relying on iGPU. Has my luck on this finally run out—not using an iGPU cpu? There isn't a way to load/use web drivers on a Unibeast disk, right? Maybe it's finally time to upgrade ;)

I've had a successful build for several years now running with a Xeon E3-1230 V2 which does not have integrated graphics. Historically this has worked just fine with boot flags that allow the card to be used without panics or now recently allow the web driver support. This worked previously with a GTX 580 and now a GTX 1060 through Sierra.

Now, trying out a fresh install with HS produces a hang in the middle of the process with a '...ran for 0 seconds...' verbose output, pretty close to recent posts here and here. I can post my own logs, but it's looking the same.

All solutions I've been able to find point to disabling nvidia cards and relying on iGPU. Has my luck on this finally run out—not using an iGPU cpu? There isn't a way to load/use web drivers on a Unibeast disk, right? Maybe it's finally time to upgrade ;)
  • GTX 1060 should work OK in HS installation.
3 things are needed from you to see if we can help you:
  • The CLOVER folder from your High Sierra USB installer as a compressed file uploaded to this Forum.
    • Please indicate the version number and Build number of macOS High Sierra in your USB installer.
    • If needed, the steps to access CLOVER from the disk can be found in the links you had quoted->here.
  • BIOS options you have chosen for Graphics for the previously indicated problem Boot preferably as images uploaded to this Forum[See image ]
  • Your own Verbose boot screen images of problem screens uploaded to this Forum.

Attachments

• Asus BIOS Graphics .png
    Asus BIOS Graphics .png
    174.1 KB · Views: 383
No problem @cmn699. Screenshots and clover folder attached.

HS version = 13.2.07
HS build = 16B2657

I could be missing something completely obvious. I did try setting the Primary Display to PCIe in BIOS to make sure the card is being used/found, but still got the same result.

I think the Clover config is unchanged, except for trying out the NvidiaWeb flag. I have also tried nvda_drv=1 separately. Same results, but I was guessing web drivers wouldn't be available on a Unibeast disk...?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 114
  • BIOS-graphicsConfig.jpg
    BIOS-graphicsConfig.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 270
  • BIOS-PCIeConfig.jpg
    BIOS-PCIeConfig.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 257
  • Verbose-progress.JPG
    Verbose-progress.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 280
  • Verbose-end.jpg
    Verbose-end.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 252
No problem @cmn699. Screenshots and clover folder attached.

HS version = 13.2.07
HS build = 16B2657

I could be missing something completely obvious. I did try setting the Primary Display to PCIe in BIOS to make sure the card is being used/found, but still got the same result.

I think the Clover config is unchanged, except for trying out the NvidiaWeb flag. I have also tried nvda_drv=1 separately. Same results, but I was guessing web drivers wouldn't be available on a Unibeast disk...?

• I have found several flaws in the uploaded images of BIOS and CLOVER .
  • I have edited each image and annotated what is OK and what needs changes.
  • Please try the edited version with your Nvidia PCIE Graphics connected Digitally (Ex:HDMI to HDMI )
  • In BIOS make PCIE as Primary Not Auto
  • Boot with verbose (-v) flag and upload Screen images where you find problem(s) in booting.

Attachments

• 1.drivers64UEFI.png
    1.drivers64UEFI.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 570
  • 2.:CLOVE_kexts_Other.png
    2.:CLOVE_kexts_Other.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 515
  • 3.ACPI.png
    3.ACPI.png
    245.7 KB · Views: 577
  • 5.Devices.png
    5.Devices.png