Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock H370 Pro4
CPU
Intel Core i5 8400
Graphics
Intel UHD
Hello, complete Hackintosh noob here.
Never intended to install macOS on this machine but my mo/bo is compatible so I thought I would try.

Motherboard: ASRock H370 Pro4
CPU: i5-8400
GPU: UHD 630

The title and the attached photo show what error I'm getting. The APFS driver or whatever (I sorta don't know my terms, lifetime Windows user *bleh* and some experience with Linux, I really don't know macOS, but it looks hella gorgeous so who cares.)
Let me know what else I have to attach or add, here is my config.plist as well.

Thanks,
smc_Eclipse

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2682.jpg
    IMG_2682.jpg
    839.4 KB · Views: 185
How did you create your installer ?

Pretty much following this article.
Was not able to enable XMP for some reason. BIOS version is P4.00

Pretty much following this article.
Was not able to enable XMP for some reason. BIOS version is P4.00

Hi there

Okay, a quick overview:

1) As @P1LGRIM asked - how did you install High Sierra in the first place?

The guide you linked to is useful but not entirely accurate in some aspects.

2) In your own config.plist, for example, you have three different USB port-limit removal patches for different macOS versions. I didn't see that in the other guide. So how did you build the config.plist? It would be useful to understand.

3) Also your SMBIOS is basically a bit bare. Yes, it may work but is not how MultiBeast would leave it. Have you edited it manually?

4) Maybe my eyes, but I don't see a crash or panic in the screengrab. Perhaps APFS initialised okay (there is a verbose log before the main OS starts) and the problem causing the halt happened "next" etc.

5) You have a lot of command-line parameters - I doubt you need most of them unless you have a specific reason.

6) No reason given as to why you would experiment with XMP memory profiles - except because they did in the other thread - as you haven't stated which memory you are using.

Coincidentally the same problem as this thread...

:)

Last edited:
Here is the article that I took my config.plist from and then edited. https://hackintosh.gitbook.io/-r-ha...p-guide/config.plist-per-hardware/coffee-lake
Most of those boot arguments are there to solve other problems I was having booting, problems with kernel cache 0x9 etc.
The SMBIOS is exactly the same (I think) as the article I have just linked.
The USBPatcher thingies I am confused about. I thought I only had USB Inject All and the XHCI one.
I probably stuffed something up in Clover Configurator tbh.

I built the installer using UniBeast. I will attach my EFI/Clover folder in a moment, as I am replying on the wrong device.

EDIT 1: Huh, pays to take a look I guess. But all the attention is on me, not him the poor guy.
EDIT 2: Here is my EFI/Clover folder. Let me know if I doubled up on kexts.
Also, here is my RAM.
Memory: 2x Crucial 8GB DDR4 SDRAM CT8G4DFD824A. XMP probably doesn't work because they weren't a kit. But they are running in Dual-Channel.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Okay, thats clearer.

Though someone else's guide may be useful it's a good idea to follow the main Installation Guide here and then progress from that, one step at a time. This helps to isolate any problems that are introduced :thumbup:. That H370 guide you linked to in post #1 is at least specific to your motherboard and of more use than the generic one in post #5 - which is a different technique and not supported here.

Try using MultiBeast 10.4 to install the basics - ethernet, USB and audio etc - then build on that. It will have the added benefit of giving you a complete SMBIOS for your chosen system-definition. You can also choose the correct port-limit removal patch, and memory drivers will be added by default.

The present config.plist is not very healthy.

There's no need for duplicate kexts in the kext/10.13 folder. Just use the kexts/Other folder :thumbup:. If you installed any of these kexts in Library/Extensions too, make sure they are exactly the same versions.

In the Drivers64-UEFI folder you've gone for the: OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi memory driver. Did it work when the defaults wouldn't? It's not included in MultiBeast. AptioMemoryFix.efi is more common. Was there a reason?

Your comment:
Edit 1: Huh, pays to take a look I guess. But all the attention is on me, not him the poor guy.
Sorry? Don't understand.

Last edited:
Isn’t Multibeast post-install? I should be even more clearer. The macOS installer won’t boot.
I thought I had duplicated Kexts, so there’s a key thing to check on.
The default Osxaptio driver didn’t work so I tried this one linked somewhere. It doesn’t seem to work then either if it is causing my underlying problem.
Also, the poor guy part. I sorta feel bad for him, he started the a post about the same problem first and he isn’t (at least when I last checked) getting help.

... The macOS installer won’t boot.

Okay, just trying to be clear so I can offer help :)

If you haven't managed to install macOS yet then, forgive me, but there was no point posting someone else's config.plist as it has no relevance. I wasted time on that.

MultiBeast is the tool which makes your PC a macOS stand-alone computer. UniBeast is the special tool which boots the system far enough to then install macOS on the target drive. By the end of that process the main installation is still not bootable, nor does it have its own config.plist or bootable EFI folder tree yet. That's where MultiBeast comes in.

I guess UniBeast will at least boot - no reason for it not to given your hardware. Is that where the screengrab of the verbose boot sequence comes from? If that is the case I would ask when did this occur? Right at the beginning or after the main graphical installation screens have come up and you had chosen the target drive?

Sorry, yeah I’ll be away from both my Hackintosh and my barely functioning MacBook for a couple of days, I’m going on holiday. As of when I post this it’s Thursday and I should be back Sunday or Monday for a time scale.

The verbose messages are before the GUI even appears. The installer menu never opens, the boot hangs at loading the APFS driver.

Sorry to be of annoyance, but this was planned for a while and I can’t bring everything with me.

Ok, I’m back. Sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully you wonderful people are still willing to help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back