Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi folks

I've built 2 machines in the past with success, but have hit a wall with High Sierra.
GA-Z270N-Wifi
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB
i5-7600 3.8Ghz

I've removed Nvidia graphics card, Samsung SSD, Seagate HD and the Wifi antenna that came with the MB.

I've got the USB installer OK, I can see the Clover Boot Screen, but when I try to boot from the Clover USB I get a long range of error messages. Not getting to Install OSX screen.

Followed all the guides to BIOS.

I'm set to verbose. What is best way to see the Clover Log to start unravelling mystery?

Last edited:
Hi folks

I've build 2 machines in the past with success, but have hit a wall with High Sierra.
GA-Z270N-Wifi
Vengeance LPX 8GB
i5-7600 3.8Ghz

I've removed Nvidia graphics card, Samsung SSD, Seagate HD and the Wifi antenna that came with the MB.

I've got the USB installer OK, I can see the Clover Boot Screen, but when I try to boot from the Clover USB I get a long range of error messages. Not getting to Install OSX screen.

Followed all the guides to BIOS.

I'm set to verbose. What is best way to see the Clover Log to start unravelling mystery?

• First of all you are not booting a "Clover USB".
    • You are trying to boot a High Sierra Installer USB flash disk containing a Clover EFI Bootloader and some essential kexts using clover config.plist to reach the Installation screen to access Disk Utility to find your Target hard disk, partition and format that SATA Spin disk/SSD/NVMe SSD and install macOS High Sierra on that target disk.
  • Unless you are willing to take photos of the boot screen showing what you call "long range of error messages" and upload those images, nobody in this forum can see what you are seeing on your Monitor screen to give you any sort of real and helpful suggestions.
What is best way to see the Clover Log to start unravelling mystery?

• Install the system on the target Hard disk
  • Click "Finder> Applications" folder > "Utility" Folder and locate "Console" from Utility folder , launch "Console" and search for the log you want to check!

• First of all you are not booting a "Clover USB".
    • You are trying to boot a High Sierra Installer USB flash disk containing a Clover EFI Bootloader and some essential kexts using clover config.plist to reach the Installation screen to access Disk Utility to find your Target hard disk, partition and format that SATA Spin disk/SSD/NVMe SSD and install macOS High Sierra on that target disk.
  • Unless you are willing to take photos of the boot screen showing what you call "long range of error messages" and upload those images, nobody in this forum can see what you are seeing on your Monitor screen to give you any sort of real and helpful suggestions.

• Install the system on the target Hard disk
  • Click "Finder> Applications" folder > "Utility" Folder and locate "Console" from Utility folder , launch "Console" and search for the log you want to check!
How do stop the screen from scrolling? I would have to take a movie to capture it all?

How do stop the screen from scrolling? I would have to take a movie to capture it all?
  • You can take multiple shots as fast as your camera can take; no need for video.
  • Take shot if screen freezes or slows down before freezing.
  • Camera can capture images of verbose boot screens and retain them faster than we can read and recall unless we have 'photographic memory'.
  • Unfortunately there is no way I know to 'freeze' boot screens frame by frame to take pictures.

Hi
I have uploaded a number of screen shots. The last is a slo-mo movie because the screen scrolled so fast I couldn't capture the stills. The sequence of the photos is in the file name. The sequence starts with IMG_1612 and finishes with IMG_1618.mov. Unfortunately I'm unable to upload the file with the .mov extension. It is quite probable that there is some overlap in the pictures from one shot to the next. Many thanks for helping.

Attachments

• IMG_1616.JPG
    IMG_1616.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1617.JPG
    IMG_1617.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1614.JPG
    IMG_1614.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1612.JPG
    IMG_1612.JPG
    634.9 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1613.JPG
    IMG_1613.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1615.JPG
    IMG_1615.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 122
Hi
I have uploaded a number of screen shots. The last is a slo-mo movie because the screen scrolled so fast I couldn't capture the stills. The sequence of the photos is in the file name. The sequence starts with IMG_1612 and finishes with IMG_1618.mov. Unfortunately I'm unable to upload the file with the .mov extension. It is quite probable that there is some overlap in the pictures from one shot to the next. Many thanks for helping.
Thank you for the uploaded images.
  • Most of the uploaded images showed 'normal boot codes' and no errors.
  • I was surprised to see img 295465 right in the middle of the other two.
    • The above is an image expected to be seen at the very beginning of boot before the Screen displays the booting Installer icon reaching Clover Boot Manager(CBM) screen.[Image uploaded after editing]
  • My suggestion at this time: upload the CLOVER folder from the USB installer as a compressed file.
  • Please recheck BIOS to assure you have made the right choices for your IGFX (Intel HD 630) in the BIOS/Peripherals ; your first post shows you have already disconnected PCIE Graphics and BlueTooth Device

Attachments

• 1.OsxAptioFix2Drv.png
    1.OsxAptioFix2Drv.png
    157.6 KB · Views: 116
Tons of reading and research. Have reached partial success. Decided to go back to Sierra. Bought new USB. Reinstalled SSD, GTX 1070 card. BIOS, UNIbeast. First Clover Screen reached successfully. Multibeast with minimal changes. Build and reboot successful. Second iteration of Clover Screen good, boot off internal SSD with USB drive still present. Where I fail is that I cannot boot from SSD without USB present. I’ve got a big LG curved wide screen working, very pleased to get this far.

Need some advice on how to boot without the USB. I may come back later for audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back