Contribute
Register

High Sierra Install - Apple Boot Logo Freezes (Stuck On Apple Logo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H81M-H
CPU
Intel Core i5-4460
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Go to Install High Sierra and Apple boot logo freezes, followed the instructions very carefully but feel there maybe something simple Im missing.

Tried this from similar thread:

"
  • Download EFI Mounter v3 and Clover Configurator
  • Use EFI Mounter to mount the EFI partition on your flash drive.
  • Remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi from the EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder
  • Use Clover Configurator to open your config.plist
  • Go to RT Variables -> CsrActiveConfig and change 0x03 to 0x67
  • Go to Install Drivers and select OsxAptioFixDrv
  • Save your config.plist and close Clover Configurator
"

But still no dice and I have had a look at others threads and nothing helpful has come up.
If theres something Im obviously missing then just go ahead and slam me.

Source:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-stuck-at-apple-logo-on-boot-sierra.213625/

Another Similar Post (No idea what there talking about):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-stuck-on-apple-logo-first-hackintosh.227603/

-Build:
Board: Gigabyte GA-H81M-H
CPU: Intel Core i5-4460
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks.

there maybe something simple Im missing.
You must boot in verbose mode in order to capture any information that may be useful for problem diagnosis.
Post a picture of the screen when it stops.

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

You must boot in verbose mode in order to capture any information that may be useful for problem diagnosis.
Post a picture of the screen when it stops.

It never stops, Ive left it on for around 30/40 minutes in the loop. It just holds a spinning loading icon that keeps refreshing it self over the same icon so cant even see if its still working. Guessing must leave it on for longer to then show errors?

Do you boot in verbose using bios or EFI build? Will do it again and either verbose or capture on good camera.

Also trying this fix at the moment:

"
I'm working on my first Hackintosh, but I've gotten a little stuck. When I load the High Sierra installation from Unibeast, it just stops at the Apple logo. I tried re-installing Unibeast using another USB drive, but the problem still exists. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Chances are the "USB Ownership" option is not enabled in Clover. Before you load the OS, Options--->PCI Devices--->USB Ownership
You will have to configure this within the OS too with Clover Configurator. Good luck!
"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-high-sierra-getting-stuck-at-apple-logo.236873/

Do you boot in verbose using bios or EFI build?
I boot in verbose mode by pressing the spacebar at the Clover boot loader screen and then selecting verbose from the list.

2nd reminder :
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

I boot in verbose mode by pressing the spacebar at the Clover boot loader screen and then selecting verbose from the list.

2nd reminder :

It was in my main post, but have now updated my details thanks. Will try in verbose!

It was in my main post, but have now updated my details thanks.
The rules specify that the hardware should be in your profile not at some random place of your own choosing.
This way potential helpers can see instantly what you have without having to scroll back to see if/where you listed it.

The rules specify that the hardware should be in your profile not at some random place of your own choosing.
This way potential helpers can see instantly what you have without having to scroll back to see if/where you listed it.

I understand that... and have updated them accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back