Contribute
Register

High Sierra + HDMI + Random Black Flashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SOLVED] The .rom file inside the x64 folder was an application in itself. Executed that file and flashed BIOS successfully!! Let's hope now that the black outs dissappear!! :) Thanks again

great, let me know if this was the solution to the problem

[SOLVED] The .rom file inside the x64 folder was an application in itself. Executed that file and flashed BIOS successfully!! Let's hope now that the black outs dissappear!! :) Thanks again

did you have the black screen issue since you flashed the GPU?

I had the same issues with my GTX 1050. I tried a few things, ssdt-gpu, lilu kext and nvidia fixup combo, clover patchey, etc.
What helped me is a bios update. I flashed my gpu with the latest beta rom, and since then the black screen issue is gone.
How do you update the GPU's Bios in Mac? All tools from nvidia have to be run on Windows OS.

No! No more glitches or black screens Flashing the Beta BIOS fixed it.

Thanks!
Managed to do it installing a windows boot drive in a USB hard drive. I did the same, but I have the GTX 1050 OC LOW PROFILE card: same process, slightly different beta bios :)
Now it works awesome, thank you for the hint.

Managed to do it installing a windows boot drive in a USB hard drive. I did the same, but I have the GTX 1050 OC LOW PROFILE card: same process, slightly different beta bios :)
Now it works awesome, thank you for the hint.

Yes I used Windows also for flashing the ROM.
I think there are some mac apps for flashing the GPU, but is it safer to do it with windows. At least for me.

I am glad I could help with my hint mate.

Yes I used Windows also for flashing the ROM.
I think there are some mac apps for flashing the GPU, but is it safer to do it with windows. At least for me.

I am glad I could help with my hint mate.
I could not find anyway to do that on Mac, yet the windows drive on a USB worked great!

Happy to report I have had no issues since the BIOS update.

Have an awesome weekend!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back