Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

I have High Sierra install and everything works as expected, but the screen randomly blacks out then its normal again.

High Sierra + GTX 1080.
One HDMI Cable is connected to my Yamaha Receiver RX-V679.
One Display Cable connected to my 4k Monitor.
One Optical Audio Cable connected to my Yamaha Receiver RX-V679.

On my Yamaha Receiver RX-V679 I have my 9.1 Speakers installed and my HDMI Optoma Beamer (1920x1080).

The screen does not black out when my Receiver is on, only when the Receiver is off. Sometimes when the computer sleeps, the screen stays black.

Im using my skylake Computer check my profile. The Beamer (projector) is always off. Never had problems with the beamer being on.
The Receiver needed to be off while starting into Sierra, otherwise I only get black screen. Works better on High Sierra, I only had Black screen twice. So I usually turn the receiver off, then boot up and turn the receiver on. Unless I have the beamer on I can boot up with the Receiver on, have to anyways otherwise I get no signals to my beamer.

Audio both work on Optical Audio and HTML Audio. I use HTML audio for my 7.1 surround sound movies and the optical 5.1 for my music and gaming, unless im playing on the beamer then I use HDMI 7.1 surround sound.

Does anyone had experience with this, know of any fix? Black flashes, screen staying black when waking up? and under sound control panel I have 4x "Digital-out (HDMI)" sounds with the same name, each startup I have to check with one is the real one, that actually plays sound. Example; Startup, 3rd one plays sound, next startup, the 4th one plays sound, next startup the 2nd one plays sound.

This is how it looks;

Digital-out (HDMI) -- Which one is the real one? Changes each startup.
Digital-out (HDMI)
Digital-out (HDMI)
Digital-out (HDMI)
Headphones (Green Front)
Line-Out (Green Rear)
SPDIF-out (ATAPI)
SPDIF-out (Orange Rear) -- This is my Optical out Audio
RX-V679 CEA719 -- My Receiver using WIFI
Apple TV -- My Apple TV 4k using WIFI (also connected my my Yamaha Receiver RX-V679 using HDMI)

Thanks in Advanced

I had the same issues with my GTX 1050. I tried a few things, ssdt-gpu, lilu kext and nvidia fixup combo, clover patchey, etc.
What helped me is a bios update. I flashed my gpu with the latest beta rom, and since then the black screen issue is gone.

I currently removed my HDMI cable. When my Beamer is off, it randomly flashes so, when I use my Beamer I just hook my HDMI cable back in and off when not in use.

I had the same issues with my GTX 1050. I tried a few things, ssdt-gpu, lilu kext and nvidia fixup combo, clover patchey, etc.
What helped me is a bios update. I flashed my gpu with the latest beta rom, and since then the black screen issue is gone.

hi ezsolt, I'm trying to flash my GTX 1050 ti OC with the latest beta BIOS. Yours is a Gigabyte GPU or a different brand? I can't manage to make the executable file work on Win 10. How did you flash it?

hi ezsolt, I'm trying to flash my GTX 1050 ti OC with the latest beta BIOS. Yours is a Gigabyte GPU or a different brand? I can't manage to make the executable file work on Win 10. How did you flash it?

yes I have a Gigabyte gpu (GTX 1050 Ti OC Low Profile)
I downloaded the bios for the gpu from the Gigabyte support page. I had an exe file, I could run it from windows.

Maybe your downloaded file is corrupt?

yes I have a Gigabyte gpu (GTX 1050 Ti OC Low Profile)
I downloaded the bios for the gpu from the Gigabyte support page. I had an exe file, I could run it from windows.

Maybe your downloaded file is corrupt?

Maybe!! Do you by any chance still have it and could pm me a download link? I would really appreciate it :)

The download link for my GPU is here (F3_Beta):
http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/BIOS/gv_bios_n105to4l.f3_beta.zip

Note, that this is for Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 Ti OC Low Profile. I dont know if it could work with an other 1050

Oh, yeh. We have the same GPU :)
This is the same file that I downloaded yesterday from gigabyte’s website.
What I meant was if you still had the zip you downloaded on your computer or a backup drive, the one that worked for you and maybe you could upload it somewhere for me to try it.

In any case did you disable the GPU in Device Manager before flashing the new BIOS? Is there any other thing that I could try?

thanks for your help!

By the way- just tried the dw link you posted and I keep getting the same error message as before.
(See attachment)
Any ideas?
P.s.: also tried flashing in safe mode...same error

Attachments

• DAF183A6-2B8E-46F3-856E-4D06510F06F9.jpeg
    DAF183A6-2B8E-46F3-856E-4D06510F06F9.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 217
Oh, yeh. We have the same GPU :)
This is the same file that I downloaded yesterday from gigabyte’s website.
What I meant was if you still had the zip you downloaded on your computer or a backup drive, the one that worked for you and maybe you could upload it somewhere for me to try it.

In any case did you disable the GPU in Device Manager before flashing the new BIOS? Is there any other thing that I could try?

thanks for your help!

[SOLVED] The .rom file inside the x64 folder was an application in itself. Executed that file and flashed BIOS successfully!! Let's hope now that the black outs dissappear!! :) Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back