i7-7700
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I lately upgraded my system to the Specs you see in my profile.
I was installing High Sierra today, and almost everything works fine.
Due to the fact the AMDs Polaris Cards need the iGPU as a helper card (as far as I know!), I connected a secondary monitor onto the motherboard's VGA connector (HD 630). Now, the AMD card does its job with full QE/CI, but the secondary monitor stays at the Apple boot logo. Even more weird, if I take a screenshot of both screens (cmd+shift+3), I get a screenshot of both monitors as if they're functioning how they should.
Currently, I'm using Lilu.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and 'Inject Intel' with Fake ID and ig-platform-id '0x59120000'.
I set up the machine as an iMac 18,2.
Does anyone have similar problems, and a fix for it?
IMG_4830.jpg

Last edited:
mount your EFI and Install whatevergreen.kext into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other. That negates the need for the intel card. Change the 0x59120000 to 0x59180002 (this value worked for me to prevent iMovie and FCPX crashing) to use the intel for quicksync (tricks the os into using the intel630 in a headless configuration). Keep inject intel ticked. Connect both your screens to the AMD card. I have a similar setup (intel HD630, AMD Radeon RX 480, two 25" monitors for gaming/video editing. Its a great setup when configured correctly!).

You can get whatevergreen.kext from here: https://github.com/vit9696/WhateverGreen/releases

Last edited:
mount your EFI and Install whatevergreen.kext into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other. That negates the need for the intel card. Change the 0x59120000 to 0x59180002 (this value worked for me to prevent iMovie and FCPX crashing) to use the intel for quicksync (tricks the os into using the intel630 in a headless configuration). Keep inject intel ticked. Connect both your screens to the AMD card. I have a similar setup (intel HD630, AMD Radeon RX 480, two 25" monitors for gaming/video editing. Its a great setup when configured correctly!).

You can get whatevergreen.kext from here: https://github.com/vit9696/WhateverGreen/releases
Ok, I did like you said. Both on my screens are now connected to the RX 460, one with DVI, the other one with DisplayPort to DVI adaptor. With WhateverGreen and 0x59180002, it loads, no need of the iGPU helper card. But now, my DisplayPort-Monitor just stays at a black screen, the other one still usable. Both monitors are recognized in System Settings > Monitors. Even the screen resolutions are fine, but still black screen... What did you to get it working? any special settings for the RX? Thanks in advance :)

Dumb question - and you've probably already checked this - is the black screen on the correct input? I've been caught out by this before. My monitors will show up in display settings, even when the display-port one is set to look for a signal on the hdmi input (and thus it will remain black).

Dumb question - and you've probably already checked this - is the black screen on the correct input? I've been caught out by this before. My monitors will show up in display settings, even when the display-port one is set to look for a signal on the hdmi input (and thus it will remain black).
Well, the monitor is set to the correct input.
I watched my setup, and from time to time, the monitor turns on, shows the correct picture and shuts off instantly. In windows the monitor works how it should, so its not broken.
Some weird things going on here... :eek:

Does your secondary monitor have displayport and hdmi connectors as well? If so, try eliminating the adapters/adapter cable and going direct displayport/direct hdmi.

Well, both monitors just have DVI and VGA connectors. Today, I tried replugging DP and DVI, and like magic, it now works! Thanks for your suggestions, you really helped my out :) @vk2fro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back