Contribute
Register

High Sierra Hackintosh Status (Lenovo ThinkPad L440)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i placed all kext into clover and system runs smoothly.

Not all kexts will work from EFI/Clover.
Using kext injection when not needed is a mistake.
Your choice though.

Status updated !

@RehabMan not sure if it's present on other laptops, but what do you think about the battery status reporting problem on High Sierra ?,
its not updating on realtime, you have to always go tick/untick show percentage on a right click on battery icon on the menu bar to update to it's current real percentage left.
Could it be a High Sierra Beta bug or a system change that requires a ACPiBatteryManager.kext update ?

Although the best thing is that Activity Monitor doesn't crash on Energy Tab on High Sierra (beta1,2,3) still working fine.

@RehabMan not sure if it's present on other laptops, but what do you think about the battery status reporting problem on High Sierra ?,
its not updating on realtime, you have to always go tick/untick show percentage on a right click on battery icon on the menu bar to update to it's current real percentage left.
Could it be a High Sierra Beta bug or a system change that requires a ACPiBatteryManager.kext update ?

Although the best thing is that Activity Monitor doesn't crash on Energy Tab on High Sierra (beta1,2,3) still working fine.

Without "Problem Reporting" files, no idea.

Continuously Updated
(based on my Lenovo ThinkPad L440)

Successfully Clean Installed on my Lenovo ThinkPad L440 on APFS

View attachment 264006

What's Fixed:
  • Activity Monitor: Going into Energy Tab doesn't crash anymore.
  • TrackPad PrefsPane: Rehabman updated his VoodooPS2Controller kext, get the latest kext on his GitHub.
  • Bluetooth4LE/HandOff: BT4LE/HandOff works without the Patch on config.plist on High Sierra now.
  • Wireless: the FCVO patch in config.plist is not needed in High Sierra, Wi-Fi works without it.
  • Boot Graphics Glitch: the fix for this is included on the InteGraphicsFixUp.kext (updated for High Sierra)
  • Battery Percentage: has been fixed on Public Beta 7 + Rehabman update his ACPIBatteryManager.kext for High Sierra Support.
Not Working/Bugged:
  • Adding HiDPI Custom Overrides: it seems that the terminal that used to Enable/Activate HiDPI is not working on High Sierra right now,maybe a new commad will be needed

Installation Process...
Update to Latest Clover version
Installed all kexts that i was using on Sierra (just updated to lastest versions) into:
USB Installer: EFI/Clover/Other
After you reach desktop you install the kexts on System/Library/Extensions
Used my Normal Post Install SSDT-L440.aml
(Everything Hotpatch)
Clean installed like on a Real Mac with everything working (just for hotpatch testing purpose)

Follow the Lenovo ThinkPad L440 Guide for the Necessary Files

Link to the Guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-thinkpad-l440-v2-0-hotpatch-updated.217119/

========== Happy Hackintoshing ==========
[/SIZE]​
Pls. can I get any support from you to update my Lenovo y50-70 FHD touch to macOS high Sierra too?

Pls. can I get any support from you to update my Lenovo y50-70 FHD touch to macOS high Sierra too?
What are the problem that you are facing right now ?

Post problem reporting files.

Also your laptop might have an available guide on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back