i5-750
Graphics
RX 460
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, i'm a french user.
My hackintosh (i5-750, Asus P7P55D, RX 460 2Gb) freeze after 1 to 2 min without reason. I can not do anything, macOS is frozen but the mouse is still moving.
I have the latest version of Clover, the FakeSMC and the RX 460 has been officially recognized.
When I restart it, I have no error report generated.
Would you have a solution?
Thank you

I personally have had 4 freezes today. Yes, High Sierra is not stable usable on a number of older systems. See this thread started a year ago.
Is macOS Mojave suddenly more stable? Knowing that I have an i5-750 but with a RX 460 Metal compatible.

Are fan settings in UEFI set to DC maybe? If so, one or more fans may shut off after macOS starts. I was getting freezes in demanding games like Dying Light and Rise of The Tomb Raider—complete system freezes.

I believe I now have High Sierra stable on my Series 5 motherboard. There were multiple causes of my instability and I am writing up an install guide for this MB. In short the fixes are:
  • Select MacPro5,1 as the system, as iMac14,2 results in High Sierra trying to perform power management this MB/CPU is not capable of.
  • Apply the ICH10 fix for Random freeze HDD led on as the P55 chipset has an ICH10 embedded in it.
  • Audit your programs, especially any autostart ones, for any that are not being updated for Mojave. I had one (DragThing) that resulted in an occasional Pinwheel of Death.
  • Apply the [Solved] High Sierra - need CMOS reset after sleep to fix the CMOS corruption on sleep fix.
The P55 used to be simpler to run as a Hackintosh, but with the above fixes I believe it is stable.

Finally I opted for a completely different machine, a Fujitsu Celsius H760 workstation turned into a pseudo iMac. I'm connected to my 4K 28 "screen and a 27" Full HD.
The config is much more fun: Core i7-6820HQ, 8GB RAM, SSD 256GB, HD Graphics 530.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back