RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear fellow hackintoshers,

I've got an Kepler NVIDIA GTX 660 and 1-year later, it doesn't look like the graphics issues are going to get fixed by either Apple or NVIDIA. I've been hanging out in El Capitan land, but software incompatibility is becoming a problem and I need to move along. Reading the forum, it doesn't look like an NVIDIA card is a good option.

For those successfully running High Sierra, what is the best option to move forward to take advantage of the GPU acceleration in the new Adobe CC software as well as support for METAL games like Fortnite.

Also, is it possible to put two video cards in the same computer and use the AMD for the framebuffer and the NVIDIA for the CUDA core processing?

I hate to move away from NVIDIA graphics card, but it looks like the time has come.

Thank you!
-MacOrDie

Last edited:
i felt the same way back in february when the nvidia web drivers had all kinds of problems, performance and otherwise. switched to AMD but never quite got it working right (video lockups every 2-40 days).

i switched back to a 1050 card and after some struggle, got 2 monitors working. so far so good. this is all on high sierra.

as far as i can tell i have both the integrated graphics and nvidia both supporting metal and opencl (as evidenced by geekbench4).

maybe just upgrading to a newer nvidia card will work for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back