Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 H67
CPU
i5-2500k
Graphics
nVidia GeForce 210
I tried over the weekend to upgrade from El Captain to High Sierra, it all went pretty good except my nVidia GeForce 210 Graphics Card will not seem to work at full resolution as is did in El Captain. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to make this card work in High Sierra and if not can anyone suggest a cheap Graphics Card that is fully supported in High Sierra?

Thanks,
MacNewGuy

I tried over the weekend to upgrade from El Captain to High Sierra, it all went pretty good except my nVidia GeForce 210 Graphics Card will not seem to work at full resolution as is did in El Captain. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to make this card work in High Sierra and if not can anyone suggest a cheap Graphics Card that is fully supported in High Sierra?

Thanks,
MacNewGuy

Try the following:
  • Install Nvidia Web driver for your installed version of macOS High Sierra from https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/
  • Install Lilu.kext from RehabMan-Lilu-2017-1207.zip and Nvidia GraphicsFixup .kext from Download to /System/ Library/ Extensions using Kext Wizard or KextBeast
  • Copy and paste Lilu.kext & Nvidia GraphicsFixup .kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other of your System HDD
  • Now Reboot and try

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks,
MacNewGuy
Try the following:
  • Install Nvidia Webdriver for your installed version of macOS High Sierra from https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/
  • Install Lilu.kext from RehabMan-Lilu-2017-1207.zip and Nvidia GraphicsFixup .kext from Download to /System/ Library/ Extensions using kext Wizard
  • Copy and paste Lilu.kext & Nvidia GraphicsFixup .kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other of your System hdd
  • Now Reboot and try

Try the following:
  • Install Nvidia Webdriver for your installed version of macOS High Sierra from https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/
  • Install Lilu.kext from RehabMan-Lilu-2017-1207.zip and Nvidia GraphicsFixup .kext from Download to /System/ Library/ Extensions using kext Wizard
  • Copy and paste Lilu.kext & Nvidia GraphicsFixup .kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other of your System hdd
  • Now Reboot and try

Thanks for the info I will not have time to try it until the weekend but I will report back on how it goes. However I do have one question, because this was a test install before blowing away my main install it is on a USB HD and I have to use the Unibeast drive to boot into it. So do I Copy and paste Lilu.kext & Nvidia GraphicsFixup .kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other of my Unibeast drive?

Thanks,
MacNewGuy

Thanks for the info I will not have time to try it until the weekend but I will report back on how it goes. However I do have one question, because this was a test install before blowing away my main install it is on a USB HD and I have to use the Unibeast drive to boot into it. So do I Copy and paste Lilu.kext & Nvidia GraphicsFixup .kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other of my Unibeast drive?

Thanks,
MacNewGuy
because this was a test install before blowing away my main install it is on a USB HD and I have to use the Unibeast drive to boot into it.

All installations using the a couple of standard methods discussed in this Forum are assumed to be on to an Internal Disk (SATA or PCIE) and NOT on to an External Disk [which is often a USB disk like the Installer itself.]

My suggested steps are NOT meant to be used on an external disk.

All installations using the a couple of standard methods discussed in this Forum are assumed to be on to an Internal Disk (SATA or PCIE) and NOT on to an External Disk [which is often a USB disk like the Installer itself.]

My suggested steps are NOT meant to be used on an external disk.

Well I did try it today and unfortunately it did not work. Can you recommend a cheap card that does work with High Sierra and with probably be future compatible (I realize you can't predict the future, just your best guess).

Thanks,
MacNewGuy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back