GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys,

Im really hoping someone with more expertise than me can help me figure out why!

I am going dilly. Since updating to HS 10.13, I no longer have Hardware Encoding (Which I assume is acceleration?) working on my machine.

Specs:

Gigabyte GA-Z170-Gaming-K3
Skylake i5-6600 3.3GHz
GTX 1060 Gaming G1 3GB
SMBIOS 17,1

What Ive done:

Followed the steps in this post: [Solved] Setting up GTX 1060 - Graphics are Glitchy after Running Multibeast

Used latest Lilu + NvidiaGraphicsFixup + CoreDisplayFixup from here: 4K Monitor Fix for High Sierra > CoreDisplayFixup 1.3 + Lilu 1.2

I use RDM for switching res. When I place Nvidia Fix in Clover-Kext-Other, I dont get options higher than 30Hz.
When I remove Nvidia Fix and place CoreDisplayFixup - Screen stays black but I get 60Hz options (Screen sharing from another computer so I can still see the screen)
When I place them both, It is as if I only have Nvidia Fix in place and back to Max 30Hz options.

Attached config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 296
Are you sure that NVRAM is working and the drivers are properly enabled? Gigabyte 100 series boards lack native NVRAM support so it must be emulated. If that is not working then the drivers are not loading.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have emulated NVRAM using latest clover and also running RC scripts or else drivers wouldnt load.

I have also reran latest clover in case something was amiss, but didnt help.

Attached Clover folder from EFI volume

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 07.39.36.png

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 128
I think this might be the most common issue with z170a boards , my specs are MSi z170a krait gaming x3 , i7 6700k and a Gtx 1070 in sli and I tried every possible solution but to no avail. Did you ever get it to work ?

I think this might be the most common issue with z170a boards , my specs are MSi z170a krait gaming x3 , i7 6700k and a Gtx 1070 in sli and I tried every possible solution but to no avail. Did you ever get it to work ?

Nope. I’ve actually gone back to Sierra but still having issues with acceleration

Nope. I’ve actually gone back to Sierra but still having issues with acceleration
I actually gotten my issue fixed by using the display port on my graphics card instead of the dvi and it worked , it doesn’t work on the dvi port unfortunately so I can’t get 144hz

I actually gotten my issue fixed by using the display port on my graphics card instead of the dvi and it worked , it doesn’t work on the dvi port unfortunately so I can’t get 144hz

Im now using a DP to HDMI adapter, but I dont get that 60Hz option on switchres. only 1080p60 but then looks terrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back