Contribute
Register

High Sierra Graphic Drivers for Fermi (GeForce GFX 560 TI)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done a whole bunch of stuff now, still no luck. On verbose mode the spinning thing turns out to be "gIOLockState 3"

I've tried to use Lilu with NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts. The latest Lilu gives me a boot loop, and the second to the last versions of both don't do anything. I've tried NVWebDriverLibValFix, but nothing. Combined Inject Nvidia with the Web drivers, but only Inject Nvidia by itself or -x (safe mode) seem to work (nvd_disable=1 has the same gIOLockState result) and both of them run unaccelerated with overlay glitches and unusably slow apps. Performance is bad too.

Anyway unless someone has a solution maybe going to High Sierra is not a good idea for Fermi cards. It was worth a try

I have same problem and I've tried to use the fixes. :banghead::banghead:
It`s possible use Integrate Graphics Intel 4600 with GTX 560 Ti without Accelerate. :problem:

no true progress so far : I'm on a HD4600 + gtx560 setup (HD4600 hdmi working fine.)

10.13.4 brought a slight improvement for me (before it, windowserver was crashing) now I get black desktop, with proper dimensions and layout and mouse pointer, on nvidia ports ;
I found someone on a french forum with a working GTX560 (found out he actually has Metal deactivated somehow). he also has a HD4600+GT740 working perfectly. He nicely tested hd4600+gtx560 and reach same problems.

The problem seems to be specific to Fermi Metal drivers, and hope is fadind away since nvidia announced end of support for Fermi few weeks ago.
I wait for 10.13.5.

Thanks for the post, yeah figured as much. I have been eyeing used video cards on ebay, figure that is probably best thing to do.

Running Sierra fine, but Apple is Apple so would like to be running High Sierra. Yeah feel like there is a way to disable Metal, but that is not really a long term solution.

Thanks. Yes I tried this, but had to pass the "defaults write" commands to actually disable Metal and fall back on openGL. (even with nvidiagraphicsfixup > 1.2.4)

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.CoreDisplay useMetal -boolean no
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.CoreDisplay useIOP -boolean no

see here

But to me it defeats the purpose of actually upgrading to High Sierra.
Still using 10.11.6 for my daily production work. :thumbup:

Thanks. Yes I tried this, but had to pass the "defaults write" commands to actually disable Metal and fall back on openGL. (even with nvidiagraphicsfixup > 1.2.4)

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.CoreDisplay useMetal -boolean no
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.CoreDisplay useIOP -boolean no

see here

Thank you.. I did the above and now have High Sierra with 560 Ti.

see here

use this, get to start high saw but the video is not good blink a lot and crashea install nvdiafixkext, I do not solve it someone to help me please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back