Contribute
Register

High Sierra Graphic Drivers for Fermi (GeForce GFX 560 TI)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H81M-D3V
CPU
Intel i5 4570
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Managed to upgrade to High Sierra with little issues. I'm using Inject Nvidia, and resolution is basically OK, but performance is almost unusable. I can use Safari but not Chrome which flickers every second. Videos are unwatchable, etc.

I tried to install the Web and Alternate Web Drivers using the instructions and I didn't get any errors but it does not boot, just a black screen with a spinner that eventually overlaps. There's no mention of Fermi cards being supported by the alternate drivers so I'm not sure if I should even try to troubleshoot

Anyone has a similar card? Is there hope for Fermi cards in High Sierra, or should I just go back to Sierra?

Last edited:
@j9298741, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I've done a whole bunch of stuff now, still no luck. On verbose mode the spinning thing turns out to be "gIOLockState 3"

I've tried to use Lilu with NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts. The latest Lilu gives me a boot loop, and the second to the last versions of both don't do anything. I've tried NVWebDriverLibValFix, but nothing. Combined Inject Nvidia with the Web drivers, but only Inject Nvidia by itself or -x (safe mode) seem to work (nvd_disable=1 has the same gIOLockState result) and both of them run unaccelerated with overlay glitches and unusably slow apps. Performance is bad too.

Anyway unless someone has a solution maybe going to High Sierra is not a good idea for Fermi cards. It was worth a try

Hello there,
I'm currently on the same situation with my build :problem: GTX 550 ti. It was working just fine with Sierra... any news with this problem for Fermi cards?

Hello there,
I'm currently on the same situation with my build :problem: GTX 550 ti. It was working just fine with Sierra... any news with this problem for Fermi cards?

Nope, sorry, I went back to Sierra for now.

Same issue here.. I try everything with my 560Ti with Kexts, arguments.. but nothing will work.
Only -x and InjectNvida I get access to desktop..

Sierra is now running perfectly with 560Ti

I have gtx 550 TI also, the question is what video drive is High Sierra installer is using because video OK during installation.

I have a GTS 450 and i get the same "gIOScreenLockState 3" error :(:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back