Contribute
Register

High Sierra - Getting Prohibited logo when booting to Mac OSX but able to boot into safe mode...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys!

I am in a bit of a bind this week. My computer has been running flawlessly, with little to no issues. Unfortunately, I assumed that clover updates were simply just updating the main aspects of the app, not actually removing a key aspect of the EFI for it to boot... This core aspect is what I perceive to be, from other threads just like this, is the "OsxAptioFixDrv." When in verbose mode, I am seeing a lot about memory errors. I will provide you with the verbose if you'd like, below...

However, I am able to access my working OS through safe mode. That is just issue, it is safe mode, not a normal boot. I am highly certain it has to do with clover, and not the integrity of the install, which is the reason I am not doing a fresh install because, in the beginning of this journey, I had several times that I did that when coming up to this issue. There has to be a fix for this...

I am unable to find a more recent clover install, other than the most recent update, and after that, one over 5 months ago. I tried replacing the updated backup to the previous, but nothing happened when I attempted that. Though I am very tech savvy, still new to the Hackintosh world, I am stumped when it comes down to the issue with the prohibited sign. I have not updated my computer once and it has continued to work perfectly, but when I simply update the configurator, which I am sure I had done in the past (this time it asked me to restart... weird right?), it ends up doing exactly what I feared the most.

Once again, I am able to access the boot loading screen and boot into windows, but when attempting to go into either the main osx boot or recovery mode, I am unable to access it. Please let me know if you have any other questions, and I will attempt to give you detailed feedback.

A second issue I am coming across is the inability to mount my EFI on my Hackintosh. I am able to on a separate, external drive, but not with the main OSX SSD, which was working fine before the clover update.

So an overview for all of the people who could not follow my rant in this post:

1. I am getting the prohibited logo when attempting to boot into my OSX drive (I am able to boot into PC and navigate around my "Universe" themed boot loading screen)

2. I am unable to access the EFI partition on my Hackintosh's internal SSD, even though I am able to access the backups, I can't seem to get to the root of it. (Every time I try to mount it through terminal it says it doesn't exist...)

3. I am able to go into safe mode, so I am unsure as to why the normal boot is not working if everything else is literally the same as it was before for 6 or so months. (My biggest guess is the "OsxAptioFixDrv", but I am not entirely sure, which is why I am coming for you, the communities' help on this matter...)

4. I am not sure if I covered this, but I am also unable to locate a non-corrupted/newer config file that 'worked' up until now. I was not planning on doing a full update anytime soon...

Thanks for your help!! (Have a bunch of deadlines this month, so any 'quick fix' would be much appreciated...)

Here are a few of my hardware specs:
GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
Intel BX80684I78700K 8th Gen Core i7-8700K Processor
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8G

Attachments

• IMG_4589.JPG
    IMG_4589.JPG
    1,013.6 KB · Views: 121
Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile

Oops! Sorry about that P1LGRIM... I have not posted on here before. I will make those changes now.

Do you happen to have any ideas for my issue?
A bit hard to see the wood for the trees but first check /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

Most people only need :

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi (or apfs.efi)
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi)

so make sure that you have at least these four.

Remove any OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFix3Drv or OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.

A bit hard to see the wood for the trees but first check /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

Most people only need :

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi (or apfs.efi)
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi)

so make sure that you have at least these four.

Remove any OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFix3Drv or OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.

Ok, so in the backup drive in the most recent folder “r4359>2018-05-18-20h58” (not the newest update of clover, I removed that... hopefully that folder was not too important), and in the clover>drivers64UEFI, I removed the two OsxAptioFixDrv’s, and end up having this list:

apfs
AppleImageCodec-64
AppleKeyAggregator
AppleUITheme-64
CsmVideoDxe-64
DataHubDxe-64
EmuVariableUefi-64
FirmwareVolume-64
FSInject-64
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64
SMCHelper-64
VBoxHfs-64

I am unable to locate the AptioMemoryFix-64.efi

Maybe that could be part of the problem??

Which efi’s are unnecessary for my specific build?

Ok, so in the backup drive in the most recent folder “r4359>2018-05-18-20h58” (not the newest update of clover, I removed that... hopefully that folder was not too important), and in the clover>drivers64UEFI, I removed the two OsxAptioFixDrv’s, and end up having this list:

apfs
AppleImageCodec-64
AppleKeyAggregator
AppleUITheme-64
CsmVideoDxe-64
DataHubDxe-64
EmuVariableUefi-64
FirmwareVolume-64
FSInject-64
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64
SMCHelper-64
VBoxHfs-64

I am unable to locate the AptioMemoryFix-64.efi

Maybe that could be part of the problem??

Which efi’s are unnecessary for my specific build?

Ok I might have good news. I was able to mount my efi from my laptop, connected to one of those external cases with my internal drive from my hackintosh... So there definitely was a OsxAptioFixDrv-64 driver in that directory, so I removed that. Still need to locate or download the AptioMemoryFix-64.efi

In the official, not backup directory for my EFI, these are the drivers listed:

apfs.efi
CsmVideoDxe-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

Does this look correct?

No.

You need a memory fix driver such as AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.
You should not need CsmVideoDxe-64.efi.

I can’t believe it... It actually worked!!! You are amazing bro... Thank you for saving me days more of heartache. What is the best way to back all of this up, so I won’t mess it up again...?

I can’t believe it... It actually worked!!! You are amazing bro... Thank you for saving me days more of heartache. What is the best way to back all of this up, so I won’t mess it up again...?
It is very simple to copy and paste your /EFI folder to somewhere safe.
Time machine works.
Carbon Copy Cloner.
Hardware disk duplicator.

Many ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back