CPU
3.49GHz i7
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 760
GA-Z87X-UD3H
32 Gb 1600MHZ RAM DDR3

3.49 GHz Intel Core i7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2047MB

Here's all the steps I used, and hiccups I had with the install of High Sierra.

1. Did the normal stuff tonymac says to do in the guide - during loading boot of the install the Apple screen has a spinning wheel of death - tried -x and PCIRootUID=0 and still not working;
  2. Unplugged all peripherals still same issue;
  3. Unplugged graphics card and used on-board graphics - used no boot codes and got to install the OS on an SSD as APFS
  4. Used install with preboot on reboot from USB - might not be a necessary step
  5. MACH REBOOT ERROR showing on -v boot. Went into clover options -> ACPI TUNING -> TABLE DROPPING -> and dropped MATS tables.
  6. Successful boot
  7. Ran MultiBeast and selected the following below options. I restarted one by one to weed out errors. You don’t have to do this if you don’t want to, but it helps me figure out things more smoothly.

QUICK START > CLOVER UEFI BOOT MODE
USB > 3RD PARTY AND INCREASE MAX PORT LIMIT
NETWORK > APPLE INTEL v3.3.6
AUDIO > I DID NOT SELECT SOUND DRIVERS BECAUSE I USE I USE A SEPERATE AUDIO INTERFACE
MAC 14.2 SYSTEM DEFS (DEFAULT WITH QUICK START)
CUSTOMIZE > SSDT OPTIONS > SANDY BRIDGE i7 SSDT​

Enabled TRIM in the Terminal for my SSD.

Added the below string to clovers config.plist to fix having to select it every time I booted up.

<key>DropTables</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>MATS</string>
</dict>
</array>

Installed Nvidia ALT graphics card Drivers and CUDA MAC DRIVERS
Shut down
Reinstalled graphics card into system
Rebooted into bios disabled on-board graphics

Working a solid 2 days with no glitches. I will update if any are found.

Awesome! You're the best, frankrizzel! :clap:

This sounds promising, thanks Frankrizzel. Have had problems on Sierra 10.12.6 with this same MOBO so am gonna upgrade and see if I can solve them.

Just a question about Step 4: "Used install with preboot on reboot from USB" - can you clarify what this means?

Never mind - I saw that option once it rebooted. Selecting it brought me straight to the dreaded "circle with line through it" error, but choosing the regular Boot from High Sierra worked, an let me finish installation. Now to tweak...

Having some trouble getting the DropTables key to take effect, so having to still to select MATS manually when booting.

Would you mind you take a look at the attached config.plist and let me know if it's all good? I added it via Clover Configurator, then saved and rebooted.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 460
Can't install Hi Sierra, I don´t know what I`m doing wrong.
After booting USB and select install from USB and select verbose mode, a few seconds after starting the instalation, system reboots.
Please share config.plist and kexts needed.

Thanks a lot!!! I have almost the same machine, and everything ok by now!!!

Thank you very much, I have followed your steps and I have managed to install HIGH SIERRA OSX, in GA-Z87X-D3H. great person for sharing your knowledge, and helping others. We are very grateful to you for your great work and your great discoveries. Thanks to people like you we are a great community and everyone helping us can take this great project forward.

Hugs from Spain .-

:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back