Contribute
Register

High Sierra: Fresh Install Issue - "The installer resources have expired"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sierra worked for me, High Sierra didn't
after 8 days finally have installed high sierra asrock i5 nvdia 960gt
in 3 steps : 1 use ntpdate -u "time.apple.com" in first step of instalation then erase hd and install high sierra 2 : i booted whit flags -v -f -n and step 3 :change right time in bios like 3 4 times and boot whitout step 2 flags its like bypass instaltion but it work !

Hello! I had some frustration this evening and I thought I would slap a post up.

1 Boot to BIOS.
2 Confirm time is correct for your region.
3 Boot to BIOS & double check time.
4 Boot to installer, go to terminal, run: ntpdate -u "time.apple.com", wait for confirmation, quit terminal.
5 Erase destination drive, install as normal.
6 Enjoy.

This fixed for me on two machines
Thanks! :)

Thanks. This UEFI shell set time method working for me. We can properly set timezone too from the shell, e.g. "timezone -s 7:00" will set time to UTC+7.
This method not required an internet connection. It will be syncing once, then restart and continue installing.

This worked for me. Setting the time was not enough. The timezone change fixed this.

I fixed it by
1. Disconnect internet (wired)
2. Fix time in BIOS
continue without internet connection. Installs!

perfect tipp,

worked in conbination with setting date in the uefi shell with unpluggged ethernet.

I fixed this with:

1) change time in bios to High Sierra release date + 1 month (november 2017)
2) remove source of internet
3) relaunch installation
4) format drive one more time, just in case

.. and it worked for me

But now i've installed 3.0 usb driver support and ports stop working, can't even type my password XD

thanks, ralph

You change your time in BIOS,then time in Clover(sometimes my clover doesn't read time from BIOS) and then boot to installer.If that doesn't work than to previous thing with terminal mentioned.

Hello but how to update installer Time ?
If you have internet type in macOS Installer terminal : ntpdate -u "time.apple.com" if not type time 12:46 for example

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back