Contribute
Register

High Sierra: Fresh Install Issue - "The installer resources have expired"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
i have the same message "macOS could not be installed on your computer - The installer resources have expired". When i check my bios date unibeast change it to a other one. So i put the good one again and restart installation but same message and bios date change again. Any help please?

@Ulrick, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

I was also receiving the same error. For some reason, the BIOS changed the date and time. The only thing I changed was the firmware on my Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard. I updated from version F5 to version F6.
I updated the time and date in the BIOS and I was able to resume with the install of High Sierra.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I tried to install macOs High Sierra on my new hardware just today and got the same issue.
After a bit of googling I had found a solution that worked for me.

Boot with your USB stick until you see the menu with options like `Restore...` `Install...`etc. Then go to `Window`and start the `Terminal`. In terminal use this command - `ntpdate -u "time.apple.com"` it will update date time. After that I erased my volume once again and installed the system. I'm not sure whether you have to erase the volume with installed macOs and install it again or not, I didn't check it. But erasing and reinstalling the system after the command in terminal helped me and now I'm writing it within installed macOs system.

Also worked for me om gigabyte h110m-ds2

UPDATE: I think i fixed it. Changing the time in bios did not work for me. Despite my changes in bios, the installer must be changing my bios time at random and causing the issue. The solution was to change the time in the EUFI shell from Clover instead and using the time (and if needed, date) commands

time (will give the time)
time 12:34:00 will change the time to 12:34pm and zero seconds

help time (useful)
help date (also useful)
Thanks. This UEFI shell set time method working for me. We can properly set timezone too from the shell, e.g. "timezone -s 7:00" will set time to UTC+7.
This method not required an internet connection. It will be syncing once, then restart and continue installing.

Boot with your USB stick until you see the menu with options like `Restore...` `Install...`etc. Then go to `Window`and start the `Terminal`. In terminal use this command - `ntpdate -u "time.apple.com"` it will update date time. After that I erased my volume once again and installed the system. I'm not sure whether you have to erase the volume with installed macOs and install it again or not, I didn't check it. But erasing and reinstalling the system after the command in terminal helped me and now I'm writing it within installed macOs system.

Dear, chazzychaz! I spent 3 days and 2 nights to decide until I found your recommendation.
And, everything just works! It is so simple!
Thank you very much! You are the best!

macOS High Sierra 10.13.3
UniBeast 8.3.1
ASUS H87M-PRO

Last edited:
How do you update the time of the installer?

I fixed this with:

1) change time in bios to High Sierra release date + 1 month (november 2017)
2) remove source of internet
3) relaunch installation
4) format drive one more time, just in case

.. and it worked for me

But now i've installed 3.0 usb driver support and ports stop working, can't even type my password XD

I had this problem. I tried to fix it by resetting my BIOS clock, using ntpdate and the date command to get as close as possible to the download date of the package. None of these worked. Eventually, I got it working by re-downloading Installer MacOS High Sierra after deleting the MacOS Install Data directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back