Contribute
Register

High Sierra: Fresh Install Issue - "The installer resources have expired"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can connect the PC to the internet in the upper right with WiFi. Then you can update the time of the installer and also check the time of the BIOS. That solved my issue quite easy.

Not everyone has Wifi out of the box, and it's easier to just set the right time in the BIOS

Hey guys. I tried to install macOs High Sierra on my new hardware just today and got the same issue.
After a bit of googling I had found a solution that worked for me.

Boot with your USB stick until you see the menu with options like `Restore...` `Install...`etc. Then go to `Window`and start the `Terminal`. In terminal use this command - `ntpdate -u "time.apple.com"` it will update date time. After that I erased my volume once again and installed the system. I'm not sure whether you have to erase the volume with installed macOs and install it again or not, I didn't check it. But erasing and reinstalling the system after the command in terminal helped me and now I'm writing it within installed macOs system.

Thank you! Updating the time worked for me. It's simple solutions to small problems that make the world go around. Dunno why it was desynced in the first place, but oh well! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey guys. I tried to install macOs High Sierra on my new hardware just today and got the same issue.

Boot with your USB stick until you see the menu with options like `Restore...` `Install...`etc. Then go to `Window`and start the `Terminal`. In terminal use this command - `ntpdate -u "time.apple.com"` it will update date time. After that I erased my volume once again and installed the system. I'm not sure whether you have to erase the volume with installed macOs and install it again or not, I didn't check it. But erasing and reinstalling the system after the command in terminal helped me and now I'm writing it within installed macOs system.
U are the best!

Set the right time in the BIOS. That's all.

Thanks! I had the same problem and your instructions fixed it for me.

Greetings all. First time post. I am having the same issue with High Sierra, using app store High Sierra download and Unibeast 8.3. Tried ntpdate -u "time.apple.com", i always end up at the "resources expired" message, I'm out of ideas. PC bios is the same time, also tried the code below after the last fresh attempt on the old macbook pro. Thanks in advance ;)

rm -f /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra/.IAPhysicalMedia
rm -rf /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/USBInjectAll.kext

ntpdate -u "time.apple.com"

UPDATE: I think i fixed it. Changing the time in bios did not work for me. Despite my changes in bios, the installer must be changing my bios time at random and causing the issue. The solution was to change the time in the EUFI shell from Clover instead and using the time (and if needed, date) commands

time (will give the time)
time 12:34:00 will change the time to 12:34pm and zero seconds

help time (useful)
help date (also useful)

Last edited:
Hi there guys!
I'm hoping for a fix for High Sierra in x58a ud5: I've got the same problem (after solving a long list of them with the tutorials :headbang:) I'm from Argentina, so when I use the ntpdate from Apple, it sets the time +3hs! The farthest I went was after having updated the date twice, in BIOS and in the Clover console before booting from the installer. Then, I got past the screen with the High Sierra logo that says "installing", and it goes to the expired resources after a few seconds. I'm using the direct update from El Capitan, without USB booter. Thank you all for this! It's amazing

Hey Clockworkman, yes it's a strange issue, and a real pain! Although my above mentioned trick worked once, it did not work another time, so i cannot remeber exactly how i got around it. I possibly changed my bios time from AU time where i am to be USA California and still ran the ndtupdate from terminal in initial Boot OSX from installer partition. Your boot direct from El Cap may not give you a menu from which you can select Terminal from .. let us know how you go.. Another issue is my Biod time os correct in windows, yet when i boot to mac, it changes my bios time, even tho both OS's are set to the same time and timezone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back