Contribute
Register

[High Sierra] Fail to boot into OS after setting wrong graphics configurations on Multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
Intel i7 8700k
Graphics
NVIDIA 1080 ti
This is my first hackintosh, as well as PC, build ever. I am an absolute beginner when it comes to PC Installation and building.

I built a fresh PC setup for this with the following items:
Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 (Wifi won't work at the moment, looking to buy a wifi card)
Intel i7 8700k
Balistix Sport 32 GB RAM 2400 Mhz
NVIDIA 1080 ti (was not installed during and after installation)
Samsung 970 Pro SSD M2 500 GB

I followed the default installation guide for Mac OS High Sierra on https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/

After some hiccups, I was able to successfully install Mac OS High Sierra 10.3.6 on the rig. Then, I proceed to install the drivers on Multibeast. I thought that since I will be installing my NVIDIA 1080 ti, I will use the NVIDIA Web Drivers, so at Graphics Configuration, I checked "NVIDIA Web Drivers" instead of the Intel one since I'm still setting it up with the internal graphics that came with the 8700k. Installation went smoothly, but when I restarted, it would boot on the Apple logo but it won't load to the Mac OS UI.

So, I tried to boot in verbose mode, and also do not reboot on panic (all these settings on Clover Boot Screen). Apparently, it keeps trying to find the graphics card but it isn't there. Verbose mode shows something like this

[IGPU] Hash date from ME never returned, status = 1, doing retry #50
[IGPU] Begin Gfx firmware load process
[IGPU] ForceWake Multithread = 0x30002
[IGPU] CONFIG0 (0xD00) = 0x80000000
[IGPU] GT_THREAD_STATUS = 0x400b0000
[IGPU] Doing retry #50

(obtained from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/igpu-failed-to-initialize-graphics-firmware.249558/ this guy's problem is long loading time while mine is simply it won't load, goes to an infinite reboot loop)

So what I did was doing a fresh install on my SSD, but I still ended up with the same results.

One possible solution I found was from this link https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tall-required-if-put-wrong-settings-in.72923/ )

Basically the solution was to type in command "-v PCIRootUID=1" before Chaimera boot loader, but I'm not sure if this applies to Clover, and if it does, where do I type this ? (tried typing on the UEFI Shell, won't work)

So, my target is to, apart from just getting it to load to the mac home screen, change the Multibeast settings or change the graphics configuration without having to boot to Mac OS (maybe only on Clover Boot Screen)
Please let me know if you know of any solutions to these problems.

Some other questions:
1. Will simply installing the NVIDIA GPU on my motherboard allow it to boot to Mac OS? Not sure if this works since no drivers installed (haven't had internet access to download the NVIDIA web drivers when I first logged into the mac interface)
2. What is the best way to clean install mac on that same SSD drive?
3. If touch wood I cannot run mac on this SSD, can I still format the SSD and run Windows normally on it?

I would really appreciate it if someone could offer possible solutions to my problem. Thank you very much!

This is my first hackintosh, as well as PC, build ever. I am an absolute beginner when it comes to PC Installation and building.

I built a fresh PC setup for this with the following items:
Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 (Wifi won't work at the moment, looking to buy a wifi card)
Intel i7 8700k
Balistix Sport 32 GB RAM 2400 Mhz
NVIDIA 1080 ti (was not installed during and after installation)
Samsung 970 Pro SSD M2 500 GB

I followed the default installation guide for Mac OS High Sierra on https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/

After some hiccups, I was able to successfully install Mac OS High Sierra 10.3.6 on the rig. Then, I proceed to install the drivers on Multibeast. I thought that since I will be installing my NVIDIA 1080 ti, I will use the NVIDIA Web Drivers, so at Graphics Configuration, I checked "NVIDIA Web Drivers" instead of the Intel one since I'm still setting it up with the internal graphics that came with the 8700k. Installation went smoothly, but when I restarted, it would boot on the Apple logo but it won't load to the Mac OS UI.

So, I tried to boot in verbose mode, and also do not reboot on panic (all these settings on Clover Boot Screen). Apparently, it keeps trying to find the graphics card but it isn't there. Verbose mode shows something like this

[IGPU] Hash date from ME never returned, status = 1, doing retry #50
[IGPU] Begin Gfx firmware load process
[IGPU] ForceWake Multithread = 0x30002
[IGPU] CONFIG0 (0xD00) = 0x80000000
[IGPU] GT_THREAD_STATUS = 0x400b0000
[IGPU] Doing retry #50

(obtained from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/igpu-failed-to-initialize-graphics-firmware.249558/ this guy's problem is long loading time while mine is simply it won't load, goes to an infinite reboot loop)

So what I did was doing a fresh install on my SSD, but I still ended up with the same results.

One possible solution I found was from this link https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tall-required-if-put-wrong-settings-in.72923/ )

Basically the solution was to type in command "-v PCIRootUID=1" before Chaimera boot loader, but I'm not sure if this applies to Clover, and if it does, where do I type this ? (tried typing on the UEFI Shell, won't work)

So, my target is to, apart from just getting it to load to the mac home screen, change the Multibeast settings or change the graphics configuration without having to boot to Mac OS (maybe only on Clover Boot Screen)
Please let me know if you know of any solutions to these problems.

Some other questions:
1. Will simply installing the NVIDIA GPU on my motherboard allow it to boot to Mac OS? Not sure if this works since no drivers installed (haven't had internet access to download the NVIDIA web drivers when I first logged into the mac interface)
2. What is the best way to clean install mac on that same SSD drive?
3. If touch wood I cannot run mac on this SSD, can I still format the SSD and run Windows normally on it?

I would really appreciate it if someone could offer possible solutions to my problem. Thank you very much!

I figured out a workaround. What I did was booting from the USB installer. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back