Contribute
Register

High Sierra - Error Loading Kernel Cache (0xe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII
CPU
Intel i7 6700K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone, I had a problem where after a fresh install of HS 10.13 I couldn't boot into the system drive because I was getting the 'prohibited' sign (in verbose mode, error loading kernel cache 0xe).

I found out it was because I was using an outdated apfs.efi

I am not sure if I can post the file here but if you run into this problem try searching the web for the latest apfs.efi from the GM 10.13

I am having this issue as well? Where can I find the updated apfs.efi? If you can't upload it, tell me where to find it.
I am having the same problem trying to finish the preboot

@raulsmail, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I have the error with 0x9 - someone else too? - Sometimes the os is starting - sometimes not ... :(
I have the same problem after running the HS installer on my Sierra drive. Can’t reboot to continue HS installation. I have to boot recovery and “touch” the Extensions folder to boot, but then, I just boot to the normal Sierra drive and the installation does not continue :/

I have the same problem after running the HS installer on my Sierra drive. Can’t reboot to continue HS installation. I have to boot recovery and “touch” the Extensions folder to boot, but then, I just boot to the normal Sierra drive and the installation does not continue :/

i have dual boot with windows and a workaround is starting in windows and then restart to the installer ... sounds crazy but every boot after was successfully! (still have the error and no option to test because when I use a usb boot medium the screen went black with the same settings ...

i have dual boot with windows and a workaround is starting in windows and then restart to the installer ... sounds crazy but every boot after was successfully! (still have the error and no option to test because when I use a usb boot medium the screen went black with the same settings ...

Don’t have that option unfortunately:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back