Contribute
Register

High Sierra doesn't boot when a DVI link is connected, only HDMI [Nvidia GTX 970]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi!

I have installed High Sierra on my PC with the next configuration:

- Gigabyte GA H97M D3H
- Intel Core i5 4690
- Nvidia GTX 970 4 GB
- 8 GB RAM

System works fine, even graphics and sleep... but only with one monitor connected throw HDMI. If I try to connect another monitor with a DVI link (DVI/VGA adapter), system just reboot. Problem persists If I connect one monitor throw the same DVI adapter. It only works if I disable NvidiaWeb graphics on config.plist.

I have tried some solutions I have seen in others threads like to enable CSM support or inject Nvidia Graphics on config.plist, but nothing really works.

EDIT: This configuration has always worked fine with Yosemite and El Capitan with no problems.

Some news...

I have tried to connect another monitor with a direct DVI cable on the second DVI port and it works OK, even with two monitors connected (one via HDMi one via DVI). So the problem comes from the DVI/VGA adapter, which make no sense because it has always worked OK on Yosemite and El Capitan.

Do you have any suggestion? I'm thinking of buying an active DVI/VGA adapter (mine is passive, I think), but I don't if it would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back