Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> High Sierra: Delete false / wrong entries from the opencore bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
This solution is not correct unless both systems are installed, each on a separate SSD. When I installed the system on hdd, this solution did not work.
I looked for the solution and reading more carefully, I discovered the correct indication, received from Henties, which I thank again.
Therefore, the solution is obtained respecting the following indications.
1. Remove the data cable from the disk on which MacOS is installed and leave only the disk on which linux is installed connected (specifically, here, ubuntu).
2. Install linux on the disk, choosing the EFI partition table.
3. Set the / boot partition (I chose 500 MiB for this, xfs).
4. Set the / partition (root, 30 GiB xfs, in my case).
5. Set the / home partition, xfs, the rest of the disk, or as many as you want).
6. Install ubuntu.
7.When the installation is complete, reconnect the SATA cable from the disk on which macOS (High Sierra, in my case) is installed.
8. Set from the bios menu to select the macOS disk and the computer starts. NO NAME will appear on the screen - for Ubuntu, High Sierra - the other disk. Default boot volume is NO NAME. But I will select High Sierra.
9. When macOS has appeared on the screen, I start OpenCore Configurator.
10. From its menu, I select Tools-> Mount Efi. I will open the EFI partition on the Ubuntu disk named "NO NAME".
11. On this partition I find two folders: "BOOT" and "ubuntu" respectively.
All I have to do is delete the BOOT folder on this partition.
12. Now I am removing the EFI partition from the Ubuntu disk, whose name was NO NAME.
I restart the computer. Only High Sierra is displayed as Default boot volume.
End.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back