Contribute
Register

High Sierra Clover USB Not Booting on Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z370-E GAMING
CPU
8700K @5GHz
Graphics
1080Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello all,

TL;DR
- High Sierra 8700K Hackintosh
- Dual boot Win 10 High Sierra (separate boot SSDs)
- UniBeast USB recognized in BIOS but when selected for boot override, does not boot from USB to Clover; instead bypasses and boots to Win 10.

Issue

Working to install High Sierra on a spare 250GB SSD in my rig. The UniBeast USB (USB2.0 plugged into 2.0 port) is showing up in BIOS boot menu, but when selecting it for boot override or changing it in the boot order menu, it won't boot from the drive or boot to Clover. It instead bypasses the USB and boots to my install of Windows 10.

Rig
8700K OC @5.0GHz
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING
1080Ti
32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4

Background
Built UniBeast Clover USB installer on a USB2.0 16GB SanDisk Cruzer flash drive - used this drive before for previous hacks with no issues.
Installer built fine - had an "apfs.efi not copied" error but switched Macs, reformatted from Terminal to GPT and then UniBeast completed successfully.

Thanks in advance - any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

Hello all,

TL;DR
- High Sierra 8700K Hackintosh
- Dual boot Win 10 High Sierra (separate boot SSDs)
- UniBeast USB recognized in BIOS but when selected for boot override, does not boot from USB to Clover; instead bypasses and boots to Win 10.

Issue

Working to install High Sierra on a spare 250GB SSD in my rig. The UniBeast USB (USB2.0 plugged into 2.0 port) is showing up in BIOS boot menu, but when selecting it for boot override or changing it in the boot order menu, it won't boot from the drive or boot to Clover. It instead bypasses the USB and boots to my install of Windows 10.

Rig
8700K OC @5.0GHz
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING
1080Ti
32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4

Background
Built UniBeast Clover USB installer on a USB2.0 16GB SanDisk Cruzer flash drive - used this drive before for previous hacks with no issues.
Installer built fine - had an "apfs.efi not copied" error but switched Macs, reformatted from Terminal to GPT and then UniBeast completed successfully.

Thanks in advance - any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

Recommend to temporarily remove or disable other hard drives or SSDs (except the one which you are going to install MacOS on, of course) before you attempt to install MacOS. Can you do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back