CPU
I5 7600k
Graphics
Gigabyte GT 1030
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
Hello, I need help... I just put together my pc and i tried to install High Sierra. But when i open clover the only option is "start uefi shell 64". I cant find the boot os option. I have done everything according to the installation guide. Any ideas??? Thank you for your time

Last edited:
Hello, I need help... I just put together my pc and i tried to install High Sierra. But when i open clover the only option is "start uefi shell 64". I cant find the boot os option. I have done everything according to the installation guide. Any ideas??? Thank you for your time
Check config to see if any partitions are hidden in the GUI section. If it's not that, like guy above said, could be a million things.

I have done everything according to the installation guide. Any ideas???
  • User Related Error in any one or more of the following is the most common cause when anyone points the finger at a well accepted Installation GUIDE like UniBeast: Install macOS High Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC for any errors in boot up:
    • Use of a macOS Installer that does not have the correct File Integrity to create the installer USB
    • Choice of incorrect options in Disk Utility >Erase
    • File corruption during installation
    • Improperly edited Clover Contents inside the USB Installer disk including config.plist
    • Wrong choice of BIOS Options to boot the installer disk"
  • In the above case of "USB Installer No Show in Clover Boot Manager Screen", the only reasonable troubleshoot is to create another USB installer using a macOS High Sierra Installer from AppStore that is tested to be good by File Integrity check using sha-1 command on Terminal of a Mac or hackintosh.
  • The USB installer disk is just acting as a Clover bootloader disk with a good EFI Partition created in FAT with Clover.EFI bootloader but lacking in macOS High Sierra System files in the major system partition that should be made in HFS+J format .
  • Anytime the OS X or macOS installer is a no Show of a CBM screen , the rule of thumb is to create a new installer with every step properly watched to avoid any User Related ERROR.
  • I have seen this over and over again in this Forum.
    • Unfortunately only very few come back to report how it was finally fixed with a new installer.
  • Saying a Guide has been followed in all respects as recommended and still getting a poor response is like a "Poor Craftsman always blames the tool"

Sounds like you need apfs.efi in the /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder

Throw that on a USB bootable drive, force that drive to load when you're booting, then see if it shows up.

If it does, switch to single-user mode, then copy the file from your USB to the regular EFI partition in the same folder

In single-user mode:
Code:
mount -uw /
mkdir /Volumes/EFI
mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI

Then copy to the appropriate folder. You may need to mount your USB using single-user mode as well.

Sounds like you need apfs.efi in the /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder

Throw that on a USB bootable drive, force that drive to load when you're booting, then see if it shows up.

If it does, switch to single-user mode, then copy the file from your USB to the regular EFI partition in the same folder

In single-user mode:
Code:
mount -uw /
mkdir /Volumes/EFI
mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI

Then copy to the appropriate folder. You may need to mount your USB using single-user mode as well.

remanifest,

OP writes
I just put together my pc and i tried to install High Sierra. But when i open clover the only option is "start uefi shell 64". I cant find the boot os option.
  • I understood that as missing High Sierra USB Installer Disk icon with label "Boot OS X install from Install macOS High Sierra". Instead, what was seen was a CLOVER icon and "Start uefi Shell64" prompt .

• Even if you don't have apfs.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI in the USB installer of macOS High Sierra , the USB installer should boot and reach CBM screen and show itself there to continue to boot as long as BIOS setup options are correct and CLOVER and High Sierra files in the USB disk are adequate.
  • Once the USB installer disk reaches the Disk Utility in the Installation screen, if you have SSD there, without APFS.EFI you cannot install in APFS format.
  • You may try to boot a properly working UEFI USB installer disk with APFS.EFI removed from the Disk to test, you can see it boots to Clover Boot Manager Screen, ready to boot to Installation screen.
  • If you don't have Install macOS High Sierra ( or severely corrupted one present) you can get a CLOVER boot screen but No "Boot OS X install from Install macOS High Sierra".

thank you for your response I'll try these and i will come back!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back