Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-UP5TH
CPU
intel i7 3770 3.4GHz
Graphics
EVGA GTX 950
Hey Everyone,

I've used this hardware setup for years flawlessly and I recently tried to install High Sierra via Clover and I'm met with two issues.

This is clover booting the installer with my normal routine arguments (nv_disable=1, -v). It panics after the ++++ and reboots. No arg's make a difference except safe mode. Pulling the geforce 950 and using iGFX makes no difference.
1.jpg

When safe mode is enabled I get the image that panics at error loading kernel cache (0x9). I cannot even boot into the installer... this has never been a problem for me in the past with any macOS version so this is a bit confusing. Anyone have any idea of what's going on?
2.jpg

The other problem is that I do not have access to a mac right now and my only OS on this machine is legacy Windows 10 partition.

Any help would be amazing, thank you so much.

Last edited:
When safe mode is enabled I get the image that panics at error loading kernel cache (0x9).
Try adding -f UseKernelCache=No to your boot arguments.

Your Specs of Intel Processor is incomplete to know about your system.
You have to give more detail about your CPU.
You have only mentioned in your Personal Details its CPU generation and Speed ; no information about its Lead Chip the most important one to know about its Graphics capability.
You can find out detail using MacCPUID :maccpuid-3.0.dmg
See uploaded image about how to edit Intel CPU to show important details.
In Windows 10, you can use this:setup • english32 and 64-bit version

Attachments

• macCPUID.png
    macCPUID.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 697
Your Specs of Intel Processor is incomplete to know about your system.
You have to give more detail about your CPU.
You have only mentioned in your Personal Details its CPU generation and Speed ; no information about its Lead Chip the most important one to know about its Graphics capability.
You can find out detail using MacCPUID :maccpuid-3.0.dmg
See uploaded image about how to edit Intel CPU to show important details.
In Windows 10, you can use this:setup • english32 and 64-bit version

Intel i7 3770 3.4ghz Ivy Bridge socket 1155
I'm not using on board graphics, I'm using GTX950. Switching to iGPU results in the same errors.

Intel i7 3770 3.4ghz Ivy Bridge socket 1155
I'm not using on board graphics, I'm using GTX950. Switching to iGPU results in the same errors.
Thank you for your updated Profile. That makes your Hardware Specifications right.

Tell me what EXACTLY (all the Steps) you did when you said:
Switching to iGPU results in the same errors.

I may be able to help you if I know where the problem occurred.

Thank you for your updated Profile. That makes your Hardware Specifications right.

Tell me what EXACTLY (all the Steps) you did when you said:

I may be able to help you if I know where the problem occurred.

I set my BIOS settings according to TonyMac's guide. Additionally I set integrated graphics to enabled, set graphics to iGPU, and set DVMT to 128M. Saved and rebooted into clover installer.

My flags are the "standard" clover flags plus -v nv_disable=1

I set my BIOS settings according to TonyMac's guide. Additionally I set integrated graphics to enabled, set graphics to iGPU, and set DVMT to 128M. Saved and rebooted into clover installer.

My flags are the "standard" clover flags plus -v nv_disable=1

Good.
Once you did the above steps, was your monitor still connected to your Nvidia GTX 950?
Did you change the Monitor cable to your IGFX?

Even if you actually changed the location of Video cable to IGFX port, did you REMOVE the PCIE NVIDIA card from its PCIE slot to outside the case?
Just removing its PCIE Power connectors alone won't work to DISABLE the PCIE Card installed in PCIE slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back