Contribute
Register

high sierra bootloader problem and graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need to install Clover because your EFI files are already there! You only need to do it if you don't have an EFI partition with EFI boot folder installed.

Yes your main mount partition should only be OSX with recovery disk- under Clover Configurator will say 'EFI with High Sierra, Recovery Disk'. From this you should also have an EFI partition you can mount. If you cannot then something's wrong and you have to restart the install.

My advice is it would be best to format the drive first before installing. But I know with APFS format its more cumbersome than before because it creates a separate container on the drive, and sections the data into two parts - system data and user data. If you don't format the APFS drive properly it may cause problems during installation.

You don't need to install Clover because your EFI files are already there! You only need to do it if you don't have an EFI partition with EFI boot folder installed.

Yes your main mount partition should only be OSX with recovery disk- under Clover Configurator will say 'EFI with High Sierra, Recovery Disk'. From this you should also have an EFI partition you can mount. If you cannot then something's wrong and you have to restart the install.

My advice is it would be best to format the drive first before installing. But I know with APFS format its more cumbersome than before because it creates a separate container on the drive, and sections the data into two parts - system data and user data. If you don't format the APFS drive properly it may cause problems during installation.
So it’s better use HFS file system ... ok ... and with clover what exactly can I do ? After post install

With HFS, if you can disable APFS in the terminal before installation that is.

As for the Clover, well if it is a newly formatted and installed drive, then Clover installation should be no problem.

As for the Clover, well if it is a newly formatted and installed drive, then Clover installation should be no problem.
Οκ ... I try again ... I install clover first ( not from multibeast ).. thank you again , I will tell you if everything goes well....

If your GT630 is the Kepler edition with a GK208 core then it has native support with no need for web drivers.
nv_disable=1 disables the Nvidia drivers, you should not use it.
Hello P1lgrim I need a help from you, I have Ga H370 gaming 3 wifi bios version f14e ,i5 8400 & amd RX 560 I'm not able to reach installation window at all don't know what's exactly happing please do help me out, it would be very helpful if you make a efi for me

I reinstall macOS again , now with HFS.. I add clover 5107 and it’s stable ... but now I have sound problem .. not detect .. I download kext for alc888 hda . I put it on clover/kext/other and when I restart and after bootloader at -v mode post this .. and after 3-4 minutes get in on Mac ..and revive the kext ...I try with multibeast but it doesn’t work . I don’t understand I do the same think on latest install and it worked ,, now why it doesn’t work ?

Attachments

• A3D8C439-E5AC-4D29-A640-7C1D434D6059.jpeg
    A3D8C439-E5AC-4D29-A640-7C1D434D6059.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 49
With HFS, if you can disable APFS in the terminal before installation that is.

I reinstall macOS again , now with HFS.. I add clover 5107 and it’s stable ... but now I have sound problem .. not detect .. I download kext for alc888 hda . I put it on clover/kext/other and when I restart and after bootloader at -v mode post this .. and after 3-4 minutes get in on Mac ..and revive the kext ...I try with multibeast but it doesn’t work . I don’t understand I do the same think on latest install and it worked ,, now why it doesn’t work ?

Attachments

• 94A73E92-B321-441C-8D69-7B631BA8A0CE.jpeg
    94A73E92-B321-441C-8D69-7B631BA8A0CE.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 48

Just realised this post went unanswered. Unfortunately I didn’t get a notification.

Anyways I believe there is a guide on your CPU chipset with High Sierra found under here. If you follow it fully it should get you going. > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-xeon-x5460-775-high-sierra-10-13-5-legacy.254947/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back